PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc, the largest subsidiary of PZ Cussons, has enjoyed tremendous business success in Nigeria for over a century.
No other consumer goods company possesses our heritage in Nigeria or understands its customers better than we do. Our approach to Nigeria, our customers, our consumers and to our business is designed to sustain us far into the future.
Our prime business objective in Nigeria is sustainable and profitable growth and our drive to be world-class in every aspect of our business life will be relentless.
To achieve this, we have adopted a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) structure, in which each SBU has clear focus on its markets; developing a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of its consumers and the dynamics of the marketplace, which it can exploit to deliver its objectives.
The Role: Customer/Trade Marketing Manager
The successful candidates will be required to:
- Support the overall sales function to deliver agreed sales, profit and distribution levels.
- Align brand and customer strategies to deliver the company’s brand objectives through customers.
- Work with the commercial team to convert insights into actions that deliver a competitive advantage & optimal in market execution to maximise business potential.
- Develop effective promotional brand strategic plan by channel and drive the improvement in visibility through the deployment of the right POS materials.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate NPD launches and re-launches of brands.
- Drive the use of data in the business (Nielsen, etc.).
- Communicate & manage successful in-market execution for the responsible brands (or channels) through driving the sales force & continuous on the field health checks.
- Be an expert in understanding trade channels & be able to advise sales/business of changes in trends/promotional mechanics/customer, trade & competitor activities.
The Person: The right candidates must:
- Possess a good university degree in any discipline.
- Have three to five (3 to 5) years relevant working experience FMCG sales.
- Possess first class numeric and communication skills.
- Have membership of the Nigerian Institute of Marketing (CIMN).
- Have computer expertise especially in MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent customer relations skills.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Typically have progressed through a broad business with exposure to Sales, Consumer & Trade Marketing.
- Experience of working in & influencing cross functional teams.
- Have a CAN DO attitude, exhibiting our core values – COURAGE, ACCOUNTABILITY,NETWORKING, DRIVE and ONENESS.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2011
Click here to apply: http://www.pzcussons.com/pzc/working/pzinigeria/vacancies/