PZ Cussons Nigeria operates world class supply chain networks that enable them to deliver their brands quickly and efficiently to their local consumers. Job opportunities exist within PZ Cussons for the position listed below:
The Role: Workshop Manager
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Manage maintenance and operation of work shop equipments like lathe machines, drilling machines, milling machines, welding machines, hack saw cutting machines, pipe bending/sheet bending machines & other workshop equipments.
- Manage day to day workshop activities for production/fabrication of spares & attending to related plant jobs.
- Develop tools & fixture for production/fabrication of existing parts, new parts from the drawing/samples, subassemblies/assemblies of the machines/parts.
- Prepare and release of tools & other drawings for manufacturing of parts.
- Monitor manpower planning and their effective utilization.
- Investigate & analyze the reason of breakdown for workshop equipments.
- Co-ordinate within the area between maintenance section and other sections for timely jobs delivery.
- Carryout PPM activities of workshop equipments.
- Control maintenance cost.
- Manage spare parts of workshop equipments.
The right candidate must:
- Possess a B.Sc. (Hons.) Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Have between 5-10 years relevant experience.
- Be able to produce parts as per drawing/samples.
- Have hands on experience in operation of workshop equipments.
- Have the ability to work independently and within a group.
- Be able to perform multiple tasks.
- Have the ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations & making decisions.
- Possess strong interpersonal & analytical skills.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations within the factory.
- Be intelligent, diligent & result oriented.
- Have a CAN DO attitude, exhibiting our core values – COURAGE, ACCOUNTABILITY,NETWORKING, DRIVE and ONENESS.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2009
Click here to apply