Posted on :
8 Jun, 2011
8 Jun, 2011
UNDP Nigeria is recruiting for
Job Title: Radio Technician
Location : Abuja, NIGERIA
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-3
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 25-Jul-2011
Duration of Initial Contract : One Year
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the CSA/SA the Radio Technician supports the implementation of the communications policies of the United Nations System in Nigeria. The Radio Technician works in close collaboration with all the UN Radio Rooms.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Plan for routine radio preventive maintenance and conduct repairs for all faults. Outsource repairs where necessary.
2. Conduct installations.
3. Makes proposals on the choice of the brand of the radio communication equipment to be installed. Recommends when radio communications equipment is due for replacement or disposal.
4. Monitor, conduct regular and random check for all installations in the network for compliance to call procedures
5. Advise supervisor on appropriate means of achieving adherence to communication regulation by the National Communications Commission.
6. Incumbent is required to adhere strictly to guidelines as established by UN and the regulatory authority.
7. Supervisor exercises control on all aspects of work.
– Commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values – Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity
– Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/her own work plan with minimum supervision. Ability to work under pressure or in crisis situations. Availability to travel within the area of responsibility.
– Creativity: Ability to actively seek to improve services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs, and promote and persuade others to consider new ideas
– Teamwork: Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
– Communication: Proven and sustained communication (verbal and written) skills.
Required Skills and Experience
– Completion of Secondary education. Trained and experience in radio communication.
– Diploma or Technical training in radio maintenance and repairs.
– At least 5 years’ experience commensurate with the duties of the post and its grade in government or any other reputable organization.
– Good knowledge of the English Language and any local language
Application Deadline : 15th June, 2011
CLICK HERE To Apply
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.