Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability.
Job Title: Sales Engineer, Medium Voltage Switchgear
- Systematically analyze and early identify market and customer trends relevant for medium voltage (air insulated) switchgear business.
- Conduct market, competitor and customer analyses for relevant strategy development and tactical sales.
- Create strategic marketing concepts, including market positioning towards competition.
- Provide quotation and conduct contract negotiations, including systematic documentation and communication of the negotiation results, to ensure achievement of the planned volume of new business in line with a stipulated positive margin.
- Carry out frequent visit to decision-makers of key customers and business partners to ensure commitment, provide technical/sales support and market Siemens medium voltage (air insulated switchgear) products.
- Timely and complete provision of the requiste inputs for processing proposals as well as conducting appropriate due diligence for all binding proposals to ensure high quality proposals that entail minimum risk
- Timely reporting to local and international headquarters.
- Input of gathered market intelligence and targeted business volume into relevant tools.
- A first degree in electrical engineering or its equivalent
- A minimum of 6-8 years demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of different brands of switchgear and their typical service needs in Nigeria
- Must possess good sales and marketing skills
- Must be proactive, with a visible thirst for success.
- Must be dynamic with pleasant team-work personality
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft office packages.
- COREN certification is an advantage
- Complementary studies in a business administration or marketing will also be an added advantage.
Method of Application