JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s economy. Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
JAGAL Group is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Security Guard
Reporting to: Chief Security Officer / On Duty Shift Supervisor
- The role of the Security Guard is to effect the necessary actions that ensure all conditions of entry and exit are met by all personnel whilst actively enhancing the security culture to create a positive environment through the professional application of policy and procedure.
Key aims and objectives:
- Immediate and direct presence at assigned beat area to:
- Prevent and detect signs of intrusion
- Ensure security of industrial, commercial and residential properties
- In the event of an emergency situation raise the alarm, request appropriate assistance and act as the incident commander until relieved.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Secures premises and personnel by:
- Monitoring surveillance equipment
- Inspecting and searching buildings, personnel and equipment
- Controls access points to permit authorised entry
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Apprehend trespassers and violators
- Act lawfully in direct defence of life or property
- Control traffic by directing drivers
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures
- Monitoring of physical and technical access control assets (including CCTV) and reporting malfunctions in a timely manner for resolution
- Documenting all handover and takeover details between shifts
- Key control
- Maintain organisations stability and reputation by ensuring compliance of legal requirements
- Deliver verbal updates and or flash reports to the wider SIIFZ Security Department
- Assist the incident commander in the event of an emergency
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions, trouble shooting and calling for repairs
- Maintaining a shift Log Book documenting all occurrences (dependant on assigned beat)
- Reports directly to the Chief Security Officer
- Liaises with Security Risk Manager
- Government Agencies
- Contractors and client interface
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- GCE Educational Certificate
- Certificate of professional security training
- Desirable Qualifications:
- Nigerian Institute of Industrial Security Qualification/ similar
- Ordinary National Diploma Education.
- Member of Professional Security Body (e.g. ASIS)
- Proven working experience as a security guard or relevant experience (minimum 5 years).
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Integrity and professionalism
- Able to deal with uncertainty, have good judgement and emotional control
- A comprehensive understanding of the English language both written and verbal.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good common sense and integrity.
Lagos – Lagos, LA NG (Primary)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the button below