Guinness Nigeria, a member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Senior Brand Manager – Lager
Level: L5 (M1)
Location: Lagos based with some travels within/ outside Nigeria
Reports To: Marketing Manager-Lager
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities which drive equity and brand growth for the Lager Portfolio at both National and Regional level based on real consumer insights.
- Lead the Lager team to grow the Guinness Nigeria Lager Portfolio aggressively through a relentless drive to deliver breakthrough opportunities.
- Guinness Nigeria plc is a strategically important market for Diageo and for the Global Lager Portfolio being one of the most competitive globally.
- This role focuses on the step-change in investment and management of the Lager Category in Africa and beyond.
- Management and Accountability for implementation of Advert & Promotion spend, Efficiencies and Evaluation across all Brand activities.
- Negotiate cost of 3rd Party Goods & Services suppliers with Procurement.
- Develops & executes plans against strategic growth opportunities.
- Maintains business critical controls & compliance documentation rigorously to ensure complete transparency across the Portfolio.
Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery of the Annual Operating Plan through excellent execution of GAME Plans & activities and through determining the allocation of marketing investment budget into activities.
- To grow, develop, and build Marketing Talent in the team such that we contribute unequivocally to GNPlc being the Best Place To Be.
- Create ground breaking and highly effective communications, through creative and content excellence, as well as managing annual media planning for conventional & non-conventional media.
- Ensure strong collaboration within the Lager team and with other African team members in building the trademark & Lager category via new growth drivers and search and spin.
- Inspire agencies, in-market teams & commercial managers to turn Annual GAME Plans into “executable” commercial plans and assist with the development of growth drivers.
- Develop and execute ambitious recruitment plans for Harp Lager and other brand initiatives to support the Lager ambitions for the future
- Inspire & develop the rest of the Brand Teams as well as collaboratively support the GNPlc Customer Marketing team ensuring full adherence to Diageo Marketing Code and Digital Code of Practice.
- Develop the annual Brand Media Plan for conventional & non-conventional media and development of third party strategic partnerships.
- Lead the development & commercial implementation of annual Game Plan.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate calibre preferably in Marketing or Business related disciplines. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- 5-8 years proven experience of FMCG Brand Management including creative development and implementation and trade marketing
- Ability to work under own initiative / pro-active leadership
- Commercial judgement & acumen.
- Experience of working on National Activation platforms & understanding of Execution standards required for the demanding consumer.
- Experience at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Budget & cost control management
Barriers to Success in Role
- Insufficient Brand Management experience in the Nigerian / Global Beer Markets.
- Inability to manage and influence a cross functional team
- Lack of focus on Executional rigour & detail.
- Lack of imagination, ambition and agility in developing solutions befitting a Market Leading brand in a strategically important priority market.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2014.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here and apply online