WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer, Job Code: NG-LAG-2009-18694 for their operations in Nigeria, this post is to be based in Lagos Nigeria
The job purpose to purchase a wide diversity of material and equipment on a competitive basis as required by a project or company needs. The level of Buyer is capable of acting as Lead Buyer or technical expert and can complete the most complex purchasing project involving both engineered and non-engineered items.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor degree or HND in Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent, or 7 to 10 years of experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes purchase requisitions to ensure clarity and completeness in description of materials and equipment, quantity and quality requirements, proper autorizataion of funding, delivery requirements, mode of transportation, and proper support documentation.
- Establishes and maintains list of qualified suppliers, by commodity, approved by the project and/or department.
- Prepares and issues Request for Quotation (RFQ) to qualified bidders
- Analyzes bid quotations for responsiveness to (RFQ), evaluating factors such as commercial terms and conditions, price, delivery, financial status, technical capability, quality control, and geographical location of shipping point
- Negotiates or assists in negotiation of best price, delivery, terms of payment and purchase conditions, tax exemptions, price escalation, and other factors impacting costs. Helps coordinate technical review of paperwork with appropriate departments. Issues or assists in issuing purchase orders after securing required approvals.
- Reviews and approves bid analysis summaries prepared by lower level Buyers.
- Designs and establish purchasing procedures at the beginning of a new project, i.e., adapt Company procedures to specific client requirements.
- Investigates domestic and international market conditions, makes comparative analyses of price and delivery conditions, availability and quality of material and new sources of supply
- Establishes and maintains auditable purchase order files. Ensures that classified or sealed bid documents are properly stored
- Closes out orders following confirmation of the successful completion of all contractual and procedural requirements
- May supervise lower level or same level Buyer, assign and review their work, and provide purchasing activity training including computer programs normally utilized
- Completes other responsibilities associated with the position as may be appropriate
Click here to apply immediately