Posted on :
16 Sep, 2009
16 Sep, 2009
AMEC provides services to the new build, reactor support and cleanup sub-sectors. We are providing increasing levels of nuclear consultancy, reactor services and project management to a growing number of customers
AMEC Nigeria seeks for the services of a Senior Structural Engineer to be based in Lagos Nigeria – job requisition ID: 4469
Hours: 10 per day, 6 per week on a 6/2 rotation.
Purpose / Role
• Execute discipline engineering design under guidance of a Senior Engineer. May be responsible for an assigned part of the scope on a project.
• Work on own initiative.
• Required to supervise junior engineers and designers
• Ensure clients engineering personnel are engaged.
Key aims and objectives
• Ensure that all project Health Safety and environmental policies are complied with.
• Promote the companies engineering image internally and externally.
• Ensure that technical compliance with all design requirements is met.
• Ensure all work undertaken is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Carry out work in accordance with AMEC and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
• Ensure that all engineering is carried out to the highest standard and meets the client’s requirements.
• Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements.
• Produce accurate and technically correct engineering design deliverables to meet the project scope and schedule.
• Undertake training of junior engineering personnel.
Allied occasional duties
• Act as a mentor when needed.
Key internal interfaces
• Senior Engineers
• Structural designers
Key external interfaces
• Interface with client engineering team.
• Liaise with engineering sub-contractors.
• When in place liaise with construction subcontractors.
• Understand and knowledge of Structural Engineering
• Good communicator.
• Good understanding of multi-discipline engineering activities
• Ability to work within a small team.
• Good understanding of schedule and budget drivers.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment
This offer ends on 30th october 2009