Posted on :
10 Apr, 2014
10 Apr, 2014
SEPLAT is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company incorporated and operating in Nigeria with a strategic focus on Nigeria. The company was founded in 2009 by Shebah Petroleum Development Company Limited and Platform Petroleum (Joint Ventures) Limited for the purpose of investing in Nigerian oil and gas opportunities. Maurel & Prom, a French independent oil company, subsequently acquired a 45 per cent equity interest in SEPLAT; this interest was later spun-off to form Maurel & Prom Nigeria S.A (now Maurel & Prom International)
In July 2010, it acquired a 45 per cent participating interest in three producing assets (OMLs 4, 38 and 41) and was appointed operator of these portfolio of three on-shore producing oil and gas leases located in the prolific western Niger Delta basin of Edo and Delta states. The 45% participating interest in these OMLs were acquired from SPDC, Total (E&P) Nigeria and NAOC. At the beginning, SEPLAT was in JV partnership with NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Co-operation) until NNPC transferred its 55% interest to NPDC (Nigeria Petroleum Development Company). SEPLAT is the operator of these assets in the NPDC/SEPLAT Joint Venture.
SEPLAT has become a leading indigenous oil and gas operator in Nigeria. The company has increased its production and reserves year-on-year and has grown revenues and net profit in each year since it commenced operations. The company’s production has maintained a remarkable growth trajectory, rising from a gross operated oil production of 14,000 barrels per day at inception to its current daily crude oil production of around 60,000 barrels per day. The OMLs have a combined proven and probable reserve in excess of 500 million barrels of liquid hydrocarbon and gas reserves in excess of 1.6TCF. These provide a platform for significant potential growth.
Planimetering & Gas Volumetric Accounting
Work in collaboration with field production operation staff and Production Programmer to ensure accurate determination of quality
and quantity of gas volumes in line with agreed GSPA agreements and to satisfy the requirement of the Hydrocarbon Accounting
Responsibility for planimetering of all gas charts (sales and well tests) for accurate volume determination
2. Responsibility for official gas disposal (sales, flared, injection, used as fuel and used for gas-lift) data to meet financial,
statutory, audit, reporting and contractual requirements.
3. Assist the production system custodian in accomplishing daily and monthly gas balance in the hydrocarbon accounting
4. Providing assistance to the Production Planning and Programmer in data gathering, review and entry tasks.
5. Responsibility for ensuring the availability of quality and accurate gas charts for Barton meter measurement in the field.
6. Responsibility for gas production & disposal data entry (including sample analysis results) in Seplat Axis Hydrocarbon
Accounting (HCA) system.
7. Provide support for condensate calculation and verification process.
8. Liaise with gas customers and government gas companies on allocation issues
9. Responsibility for gas production and disposal data performance information reporting to management reporting staff.
10. Maintenance of records of all gas measurement device parameters for SEPLAT facilities.
11. Ensure compliance with gas sampling and sample data reporting to meet contractual and audit requirement.
Minimum of OND in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Petroleum and other related disciplines.
Experience in oil and gas industry
Planimetering & Programming Assistance experience
Provide instrument support for effective operation and meet oil/gas production and export targets.
1. Perform instrument maintenance, inspection and intervention activities on instrument control panels, loops, controllers,
compressors, pumps, generators, etc in line with planned schedules of oil and gas facilities.
2. Learn the application of established instrument maintenance routines, procedures, history reporting and spares parts
inventory recording in the Maintenance Management System.
3. Carry out planned maintenance routines in a competent manner in accordance with the laid down procedures associated
with the maintenance job routines.
4. Coordinate instrument maintenance systems to ensure system availability meets gas production targets and supply.
5. Monitor instrument systems and action the necessary remedial works in order to maintain a fit for purpose profile of oil and
6. Carry out effective troubleshooting of all equipment in the flowstations and gas plant facilities.
7. Identify the need for replacement spare parts to ensure adequate stock levels.
8. Ensure all technical documentation (drawing, manuals, etc) is updated.
9. Apply all safety and hazard procedures specified for maintenance activities of flowstations and gas plant.
A minimum of a diploma in Instrumentation and control Engineering discipline with over 5 years hands on experience in oil
and gas production facilities/ Trade qualification plus practical experience on instrument systems training with over 10 years of
Knowledge of Control, measurement & automation equipments, Field Instrumentation, systems and Quality measuring
To operate, maintain and calibrate Seplat LACT Unit at Rapele and any other field meters including the Quality Loop as may be
determined by the company.
1. Hourly tracking and documentation of Clamp-On Ultrasonic Meters, BS&W from the quality loop, line pressures and other
instruments on the LACT UNIT in other to ensure they are performing at their optimal level.
2. Preparation & computation of daily production report and sending them along with the computer printout from the control unit
to the designated parties.
3. Catching of daily sample from the Auto sampler for analysis,
4. Maintenance and repair of the Auto Sampler unit.
5. Carry out routine checks on all the instruments on the LACT UNIT as outlined in the operations guidelines.
6. Responding and trouble shooting of all the alarm signals from the control units and rectifying abnormal conditions under the
guide of the area supervisor.
7. Provide regular and necessary feedback on all measurement issues at the LACT UNIT to designated authorities in other to
ensure that the LACT UNIT is operated and maintained at 100% availability level.
8. Ensure usage of certified and valid equipments that conform to both the Seplat and government regulatory standards.
9. Support the metering engineers in keeping records of calibration changes, modifications and test equipment certificates on
the LACT UNIT to ensure they comply with the government regulations always through scheduled re-certification.
10. Carrying out daily checks on all the equipments on the LACT UNIT and ensure proper documentation & handling over to the
11. Provides assistance to vendors during calibrations, modification and other operations to be carried out on the LACT UNIT.
12. Ensure that all operations at the LACT UNIT follow lay down principle & guidelines and conforms to the company’s safety,
environments and quality policies.
13. Carry out required metering services at any of the company installation when required.
14. Offer support when required in maintaining 100% availability of all metering and sampling equipment in Company’s
Minimum of OND in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Petroleum and other related disciplines
Experience in oil and gas industry
Manage the contracting, execution planning and budget sourcing for the basket of rigless activities.
· Provide cost effective repair and maintenance of identified wells and Production Chemistry services to in-house clients.
· Ensure compliance with minimum repair/integrity standards as applicable to oil and gas industry.
· Set operational priorities in consultation with Operations and Asset Development Team Leaders to meet production targets
safely and within approved budget.
· Manage all wellhead integrity/intervention activities.
· Drive compliance with all regulatory requirements on well testing and production allocation.
· Provide well services support to production operations, subsurface & drilling activities
Identify and drive the realization of production optimization/ opportunities.
To develop, implement and support the Production Operations plan for all non-rig based activities including well integrity and
Production Chemistry services.
2. Ensure the safe delivery of both Well Intervention and Production Chemistry annual operating plans.
3. Manage the activities of service contractors in line with Seplat’s objectives.
4. Define KPI for the Production Services team in liaison with the Head Field/Production Operations.
5. Accountable for efficient allocation and management of resources minimise expenditure and to facilitate timely and cost
effective execution of all well intervention and production chemistry activities.
6. Responsible for the management of all Seplat’s rigless intervention and integrity wells portfolio (water shut- off, gas shut-off,
re-perforations, N2 lifting, wellhead maintenance, BHP survey, Production logging, non-rig Fishing, well testing and well
hook up & commissioning, Annular pressure wells management).
7. Manages the contracting, execution planning and budget sourcing for the basket of rigless activities.
8. Coordinate with various parties and departments to procure required equipment and services necessary to support field well
servicing and production chemistry activities.
9. Review and develop Well Intervention & Production Chemistry guidelines taking into account various lessons learned and
feedbacks from field and contractors to enhance performance of future operations.
10. Generate Time, Cost and technical programmes for all types of well intervention operations & Production Chemistry services
compliant with company policies and current government legislation.
11. Work closely with Operations, Engineering, Drilling & Completion, Asset Development and other Service Providers and
Contractors to optimize production from existing assets (reservoir, wells and surface facilities)
12. Coordinate After-Action-Reviews (AAR) to assess overall performance of service contractors and work implementation
strategies/procedures being implemented.
A minimum of B.Sc. degree in any Engineering discipline, with a minimum 15 years’ experience, of which 10 years was
spent in various well & production operation positions in the oil and gas industry.
× Ability to coordinate a multidisciplinary Well intervention/Production Chemistry team.
× Have extensive experience in well servicing, production operations & completions and production chemistry practices.
× Has worked and been responsible for the planning and execution of well interventions, well integrity & flow assurance
× Possess a sound knowledge of major well services and flow assurance/integrity software including Cerberus, WellCat,
ScaleChem and/or Corrat.
× Proficient in analytical skills, able to organise and plan technical activities independently from his superiors.
× Possess relevant experience with service providers, or well-site leader experience.
× Good team player.