Posted on :
15 Mar, 2010
15 Mar, 2010
Shell Nigeria is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited recruits
Job Title: General Practice Physician
Job ID: F20385
Job Location: PORT HARCOURT, Rivers, Nigeria
Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 39 countries and employ approximately 19,000 staff (not including contractors).
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 43 per cent of the nation’s oil. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometers.
SPDC is currently involved in a multi-million dollar oil and gas project in the Niger Delta region with the objective of increasing production to help meet the world’s growing demand for energy.
We’re currently looking to recruit a General Practice Physician for our Port Harcourt Office.
This is a leadership role in the medical team that is responsible for delivering cost effective and curative general medical care in the hospital and the Residential area of SPDC in Port Harcourt. The position is offered on expatriate terms for a period of 3 years with possibility of renewal. The Key tasks include:
· Provision of general/medical care to SPDC staff and dependants
· 24hr/week emergency general/specialist duty care to patients
· Medical evacuation and resuscitation services
· Development of procedures and protocols for optimization of services effective for general / specialist medical care
· Provision of health education for patients, subordinates and management aimed at developing a healthy workforce
· Ensure continuous self-development through participation in internal and external training programs
· Ensure suitability, availability and serviceability of all equipment needed to deliver routine and specialist care
The ideal candidate must have an MBBS and 5 years post fellowship qualification in General Practice.. Additionally an ACLS as well as BLS/ /ATLS is required.
· Demonstrated ability to manage change in a specialized industry whilst maintaining professionalism
· Must be an excellent team player possessing good Leadership skills and service orientation
· Must be proficient in the use of computers
· Must be proficient in written and spoken English
· Working knowledge and strict adherence to HSE Standards and guidelines
Application Deadline: Friday 19 March 2010
Please note: Shell occasionally amend or withdraw its jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read their data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.