Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Well Engineer, Operations
Job ID: F36169
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Number of Vacancies: 3
- Safety in design and programming – in particular,process safety.
- Ensure well design is robust to handle relevant well control incidents.
- Finalise detailed well design including final well trajectory,accurate casing setting depths,drilling fluids program and cementing program to ensure wells objectives will be met.
- Carry out torque,drag and hydraulics calculations,design drilling assemblies to verify that the well is within rig capabilities and optimise drilling performance.
- Compiles detailed drilling program to achieve business performance objectives (Cost,results and schedule).
- Comply with Policies,standards and procedures,use approved IT tools in developing final design and drilling program.
- Identify and implement ideas to improve performance by repeating best composite well times,reducing NPT,using of new techniques/technologies and modifying procedures.
- Estimates AFE well cost
- Orders equipment and services using SAP.
- Monitor time and cost performance.
- Compile end of well report.
- A professional Engineer with a University Degree in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in well delivery function, commercial and contracting and technology activities.
- Valid IWCF certification.
- Possess highly developed technical skills enhanced by theoretical and practical knowledge of the well delivery process.
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with drilling engineering software.
- Excellent proficiency in English language, both in speech and in writing
Application Closing Date
30th September 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply