Posted on :
9 Jul, 2015
9 Jul, 2015
Auto req ID 15184BR
Job Title Investigator
Country of Work Location Nigeria
Work Location Port Harcourt
Company Description Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres
We are currently looking for an experienced Investigator with travel levels up to 40% to join our Business Integrity Department (BID). The BID is a specialist unit within Shell Internal Audit that is responsible for managing the Shell Global Helpline and Code of Conduct Compliance Incident Reporting and providing expertise in the area of fraud prevention and detection including training and reputational due diligence. We will provide you with outstanding benefits, development opportunities as well as career advancement.
The Investigator will be expected to support and conduct investigations which may involve, but are not limited to, fraud, theft, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust and may involve employees, contract employees, vendors/suppliers and others into potential breaches of the Code of Conduct, company policy and the law to maximize success and minimize liability and to effectively facilitate management decision-making including consequence management. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Plan and execute investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
• Identify accounting and internal control weaknesses, and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss.
• Conduct witness and subject interviews, collection, preservation and analysis of evidence (digital and hard copy) to appropriate court standards.
• Prepare detailed written reports subject to third party review (civil and/or criminal) and testify as required in legal proceedings.
• Manage whistleblowers while maintaining the strict confidence.
• Liaise effectively and maintain a network of contacts with relevant law enforcement agencies, criminal justice bodies and other key stakeholders.
• Manage third party contractors including forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors.
• Respond to company emergency situations that may require travels at short notice
• Participate in various audit activities as required.
A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, forensic accounting or Law with 5-7 years substantial experience within a major corporate organization in law enforcement, and conducting investigations into fraud or financial crimes. The preferred candidate should have a proven track record of analyzing vast amounts of data and information and cutting through to the key elements without getting lost in the detail (Speed and Simplicity).
• Ideally a result oriented, confident self-starter with high level energy and creative ideas.
• Deliver sound judgment in relation to the requirements of assessing compliance matters in an international context
• Able to judge an audience and deliver information in a relevant, concise and clear manner.
• Operates with unquestionable honesty and integrity and ability to maintain a high level of objectivity.
• Strong conceptual and problem solving skills with ability to grasp complex situations.
• Able to operate in culturally sensitive situations while taking a structured and effective approach to challenge.
• Stellar communication, interpersonal and data analytics skills.
• Able to operate in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
No. of Positions 1
Disclaimer Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 16-Jul-2015