ShowMax – With offices in Amsterdam, Beroun and Johannesburg, our small and highly talented team is building a world-class scalable platform, delivering the best Subscription Video-On-Demand experience on the African continent. We are looking for passionate and creative problem solvers to join our team, helping us enhance our core components in-house and to ultimately invent something others haven’t thought of yet! We love to learn from each other, we get to influence the architecture and we are working on something scalable that will be accessed by millions across the globe.
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified individual to assume the role of below:
Job Title: Content Acquisitions and Planning Manager
- The successful candidate will be required to work with the Head of Content to structure and guide the content strategy, acquisitions and planning.
- He or she will be involved in the negotiating and drafting agreements with various content suppliers locally and internationally.
- In addition he or she will facilitate territory specific content operations.
- This position is for someone passionate about the fast-paced and ever changing content and digital space, and who has a love of all things content.
External factors which will influence the work environment taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account:
- Dynamic organization and fast changing environment
- Policies and procedures
- Competitive global business environment
- Regulated environment
- Multi-cultural environment
- Digital media content environment
- Technology, media and telecommunications sector
- Business environment
- Local and international studios and distributors.
- External agencies and production companies.
- Myriad Programming and other group companies.
- Accountable for implementing and updating the approved territory specific content strategy.
- Identify and acquire SVOD relevant and resonant, territory specific content (movies, series and other genres) – in line with approved content strategy.
- Administer and assist with the negotiation of territory specific content deals (independent studios, distributors and local suppliers).
- Closely liaise with local and international content suppliers regarding available current and upcoming content catalogues.
- Regularly analyse content performance and subscriber feedback and make changes accordingly (content acquisitions, content scheduling, and content discovery).
- Research and keep abreast of new content and consumption trends (locally and globally).
Inventory management and content scheduling:
- Effective inventory management and planning – content schedule must maximise negotiated deal terms.
- Administer and request suitable license start dates from suppliers, taking into account volumes, categories and refresh rates for all content.
- Create, implement and sign off on all territory specific content schedules and plans (across platforms).
- Approve and manage all schedule changes.
Budget, inventory management and content scheduling:
- Assist in creating, forecasting and managing budgets across all territory specific content genres.
- Ensure that the required volumes and categories of content have been planned for, and adhered to, in the overall budget.
- Facilitate finance related functions (budget VS. forecast, payment administration etc.)
- Manage all administration specific to the contract and finance.
- Facilitate content operations – ensure content delivered according to required material specifications and manage workflows with suppliers.
- any changes to executed contracts.
- Facilitate and oversee content contract administration.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Manage monthly ad hoc projects, reports and presentations.
- Manage the performance and output of staff through the approved procedures and processes.
- Attend international markets where required.
- Support business with any new developments.
Competencies, Qualities and Attitude
- Extensive local and international content knowledge and passion.
- Understanding and experience of the digital television market (all distribution windows/platforms).
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team.
- Someone who is well organised and has a proven track record in end to end product development and maintenance.
- Customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to work under pressure, quickly and accurately.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Flexible working hours required to ensure contact with international suppliers.
- Assertiveness, attention to detail, performance driven, goal orientated, ability to build relationships.
Qualification and Experience
- Appropriate Degree or Post Graduate Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in content acquisitions / distribution (licensing, structuring and drafting pay or free TV agreements).
- International market (acquisitions / distribution) experience will be an advantage.
- Financial management experience.
- Legal experience.
- Negotiating skills
- Practical industry experience (content consumption and viewing trends, content protection/security, media windowing models/strategies – theatrical, VOD, Pay TV, FTV, syndication and home video landscapes).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Only candidates who are currently based in Nigeria will be considered.