Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPLC) is one of the largest listed companies in Nigeria. It produces markets and sells alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in Nigeria. It is a subsidiary of Diageo Plc, the global alcoholic drinks company.
Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting
Job Title: Site Services Engineer
Type of Job: Full Time
Level: L5 (M2)
Reports To: Engineering Services Manager.
To develop and maintain the Electrical standards across site to achieve maximum plant availability index for brewing, packaging and services plant operations, by ensuring that installations are carried out to national and international (IEE) standards. Ensure effective maintenance of brewery machines and equipment.
The Services Engineer impacts on a large asset base and a recurring maintenance expenditure.
b) Market Complexity
Liases with Project Manager, Engineering Services Manager, Production Manager, Site Logistic Manager, Quality Manager, Health Safety and Environment Manager, Packaging & Production departments to ensure that target volumes are achieved.
c) Leadership Responsibilities
Demonstrate Good leadership ability, by being able to ensure adequate guidance is provided to the team members.
Purpose of Role
Overall responsibility for Electrical generation and distribution brewery wide. Also ensure repair and maintenance of all the machines and brewery facilities.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Maintain and coordinate high voltage power supply, control & protection systems-33KV/11KV substations, power distribution transformer and supply network.
- Repair and maintenance of all the machines in the brewery by working with information provided by the maintenance planner.
- Maintenance of switchgears, low voltage supply –network and coordinate availability of all utility & production services electrics.
- Liaison with government establishment as regards use of electricity like Federal Ministry of Power & Mines, PHCN & NITEL.
- Develop and implement electrical energy reduction strategies across site and maintain adequate illumination level for brewery operations and company houses in Benin.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Knowledge of automation is essential.
- Four years experience in manufacturing operations, HV/LV (33KV, 11KV & .415KV) Power system installation, control and maintenance of machines and equipment or project management role.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to influence colleagues and associates.
- Inability to coach associates effectively.
Flexible Working options