Posted on :
1 Jun, 2012
1 Jun, 2012
Skill Enhancement Centre is a business Consultancy firm focused on small/medium businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to grow their businesses by providing them with value -added and convenient services in a friendly atmosphere.
• Researching, analyzing and monitoring economic developments and issues of importance to the Lagos & Nigerian business community, and helping to shape government policy on investment and trade.
• To take a lead role in several areas and contribute to all the others; including fiscal and monetary policy, investment issues impacting on the local business and national business environment
• Prepare papers on policy-orientated economics issues for discussion at the chambers business roundtable forums
• Prepare draft position papers and memoranda of the Chamber
• Liaise with the Advocacy Manager and Public Relations Manager in preparation of Press Conference papers and speeches.
• Provide secretarial support to the Economic and Statistics Committee
• Support the Advocacy Manager through provision of timely information on macroeconomic issues and other Government policies that have potential to affect the business community adversely
• Generate regular report on national economic issue.
• Provide regular information on trends of major economic indicators such as inflation rate, interest rate, global oil prices, exchange rate, as well as domestic and external debt
• Keep an up-to-date record of policy pronouncements by the Government at both the State and Federal levels
• Undertake quarterly surveys of the business through visits to business operators
• Gather sectoral data on the performance of the various sectors of the economy; with preparation of quarterly sectoral report.
• Carry out other assignment as may be assigned by direct line manager.
• A good first & Masters’ Degree in Economics.
• 6 years’ experience, 2 of which must be in a similar role.
• Strong research and analytical skills, as well as inter-personal skills and initiative.
• Demonstrable skills in Microsoft Office productivity software like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to carry out complex economic research and analysis activity across business sectors of the national economy and other relevant international economy indicators.
• Knowledge of macroeconomics and other relevant economic indices
• Demonstrated working knowledge of productivity tools such as the Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific information,
• Good data gathering and analytical skills
• Good Project management skills
• Good business writing, presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Good interpersonal skills
Qualified and Interested Applicants should forward their resumes to [email protected] using the position being applied for as the subject of the mail.