MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: SM – Vendor/Alliance Management
- Extract value from what we already have through partnership focused vendor management initiatives such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Review market and contribute to the development of marketing strategies for MTNN EBU, demonstrating an understanding of MTNN direction and business strategies.
- Develop, implement, and responsible for performance KPI’s and Metrics of vendor management program for multiple national programs.
- Establish and maintain regular vendor governance process. Facilitate all meetings and provide readout to program leadership and key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on administration of contracts to ensure performance, resource plans, and payments are met in adherence with the project plan.
- Identify and escalate contractual issues problematic or inconsistent with company processes.
- Develop vendor management processes and dashboards using advanced project management and analytics methodologies.
- Create vendor notifications, participates in requests for proposals and various other contractual documentation.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices to appropriately analyze terms and conditions of contracts
- Evaluate operational issues and considerations in vendor contract enforcement, and work with key stakeholders to administer get well plans.
- Create standardized material, forms, and documents for vendor contract administration and management.
- Provide support to various teams in terms of contract documentation interpretation.
- Exercise penalties, as appropriate, where a vendor’s performance is deficient.
- Train and develop personnel in the effective use of tools, products, and procedures and delivers training.
- Participate in tool selection and development of vendor management tools
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Regional, national and international travel
Experience & Training
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications – Analytical background
- 10 years’ work experience which includes:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in B2B
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 4 years management experience in telecommunication industry and customer negotiations
- Experience in coaching/knowledge transfer role
- Marketing Management and Decision Taking courses
- Presentation skills
- Management development programmes
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online