Posted on :
5 Feb, 2010
5 Feb, 2010
SMEDAN is hereby inviting applications from candidates suitable, qualified and competent for appointment into this position below:
DIRECTOR (GL 17); ENTERPRISE PROMOTION AND MANAGEMENT
JOB TITLE: Head ((Enterprise Promotion and Management Department)
REPORT1NG TO: Director- General (SMEDAN)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Implementation of MSME development programme, projects and schemes.
* Promotion of entrepreneurship and capacity building:
* Facilitation of Management consultancy, counseling and allied services for MSME promotion and development
* Promotion of advocacy and operating environment issues
* Promotion and facilitation of enterprise, linkages, cooperation/networking, clustering and credit delivery for MSME
* Promotion and facilitation of markets and marketing for MSME products
* Provision of Information and business support services
* A good first degree or Its equivalent In Social Sciences, Humanities, Management and other Sciences with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours (lower division)
* Relevant Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
* Candidate must have a minimum of 20 years post-NYSC cognate working experience.
* Excellent knowledge of local and global MSME dynamics, including familiarity with appropriate regulations, legislations, and operating environment
* Experience in financial institutions operations and management/micro and small business or consumer lending:
* A sound understanding of the MSME development strategies and comprehensive/effective support systems:
* Strong ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various economic policies, issues and solutions on MSME development:
* Demonstrate commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity
* Candidates roust not be above 50 years.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Excellent project management skills, Good analytical and presentation skills
* Understand the workings of relevant international organizations and must be Computer literate
* Application for Director Enterprise Promotions Position should be forwarded to; [email protected]
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
* The tenure for the position of Director is for a maximum of 8years in line with Federal Government Policy
* Successful candidates could be posted to any part of the Country.
* Remuneration is as obtained in the Federal Public Service.
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING
* Curriculum Vitae and applications should be forwarded to the e-mail applicable to the position using Micro-soft Word.
* Applicants who may not be able to apply on line should send their applications and Curriculum Vitae to;
The Director General
Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN)
35, Port Harcourt Crescent
Off Gimbiya Street,
Area 11, Garki 11
* Applicants should not submit more than one application to avoid disqualification
* The Closing Date for applications is MARCH 15th 2010
* Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after this date
* The Agency reserves the right to verify any claims and documents submitted