The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited – We hereby announce the commencement of the 2015/2016 Postgraduate Internship / Research Programmes
Internship / Research Attachment for Postgraduate University Students
Duration:12 months (non-renewable).
- The Postgraduate Research Internship programme (which is different from the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) is aimed at providing opportunities for talented Nigerians to gain work experience and carry out topical research within Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN).
- Specialist Geology/Geoscience. (Biostratigraphy, Sequence Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, and Sedimentary Petrography),
- Environment (Environmental Monitoring, Remediation, and Impact assessment, Carbon / Energy Management),
- Occupational Health (Industrial Hygiene)
- Open primarily to talented Nigerian postgraduate students currently enrolled in Nigerian universities, but in exceptional cases, Nigerians studying abroad could be considered.
- Master’s degree students must be under 30 years by January 2nd, 2016 and PhD students should be under 35 years by January 2nd, 2016 to qualify.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2015
Method of Application
Applications from candidates should consist of:
- An application letter,
- A curriculum vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three referees and
- A titled, 3-page summary of candidate’s postgraduate research programme including study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and expected outcome /Selection will be based on postgraduate programmes/ proposals that are pertinent to SEPCiN business objectives and only students with the highest potential will pass screening.
All documents should be mailed to: [email protected] (and copy [email protected])