The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited – We hereby announce the commencement of the 2015/2016 Sabbatical Attachment Programmes
Sabbatical Attachment for University Lectures
Duration: 12 months (non renewable)
- The sabbatical programme offers University lecturers an opportunity to undertake research that would contribute to Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN), while offering them avenues to acquire industry-related experience.
- The programme also offers opportunities for lectureship at the Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Benin in the following disciplines: Petroleum Geology Geophysics and, Petroleum Engineering.
- Environment (Environmental Monitoring Restoration, Biodiversity and Impact Management);
- NGO/Corporate Communication, information & Impact Management, Sustainable Community Development;
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics & Public Health, Occupational Health.
- Senior lecturers and above (Candidates who will be over 60 years by January 2, 2016 need not apply)
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2015
Method of Application
Applications from candidates should consist of:
- An application letter
- A curriculum vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three referees, and
- A titled, -page summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SEPCiN business the one-year programme. Sabbatical positions are highly competitive Selection will be based on proposals that are pertinent to SEPCiN business objectives.
All documents should be mailed to: [email protected] (and copy [email protected]