Posted on :
25 Jun, 2010
25 Jun, 2010
Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC offers its clients a wide range of corporate, investment, business and personal banking products and solutions. With over 60 branches across the country and over 1500 dedicated staff, the bank is positioned to take care of your banking requirements. Stanbic IBTC Bank recruits Business Manager (IB)
To provide support to the Management of investment Banking and business heads within the IB covering: (a) Financial and management control including budgeting and reporting (b) Risk & compliance, (c) Credit-related support and (d) Management of relationship with internal clients such as Client Coverage, TPS, Credit, Finance and Risk management) and other internal clients as may be required to effectively manage business performance. The job holder will therefore be expected to:
• Provides timely and relevant client performance data and market intelligence for effective management decision making
• Quality control and management of all Business reporting and MIS for IB, Corp Fin and DS
• Financial Control – Performance Monitoring and Variance analysis
• Be able to gather, interpret, analyze and present both financial and non financial information
Financial & Management Control Functions
• Preparation of Budget for Investment banking IB and its constituent units
• Monitoring budget vs performance
• Manage the General Ledger for IB, including Cost/profit Centre codes
• Assist with the management of the IB’s financial reports and other performance management targets including revenue and costs.
• Prepare month-end reports for management use – Internal Exco purposes as well as for matrix reporting purposes to H/Office (Jo’burg)
• Preparation of Presentations for performance reporting purposes
• Work with stakeholders to “project manage” agreed actions arising from management meetings
• Liaise with Finance department on recognition of income and tax related issues.
• Keep and maintain adequate records of all business performance management data.
• Invoice tracking for IB
Risk & Compliance Functions
• Liaising with Risk & Compliance on behalf of the IB
• Managing the Risk Self Control Assessment Grid and coordinating the implementation of action points in the grid
• Acting as custodian of Risk & Compliance policies on behalf of the IB and monitoring compliance with same
• Preparing risk-related reports as and when needed
Credit & Business Support Functions Supports Deal Teams in the following areas:
• Assist in Annual Credit reviews for transactions in Investment Banking
• Track and monitor client product utilisations and revenue reporting
• Review provisioning of classified Risk Assets in IB’s loan book
• Preparing files for the annual audit process and assist in discussing, responding and reacting to comments raised by the Audit division;
• Keeping abreast of developments in the local, regional and international Financial markets;
• Ensuring all requisite administration and filing matters in relation to function are maintained and up to date;
• Assisting senior members of the IB and business heads in day-to-day work as delegated and carrying out other duties as required by the job;
• Ensuring that the policies and procedures of the bank are being followed.
• Preparing Ad-hoc financial and other reports for IB
• Liaise with IT on capturing/treatment/reporting of IB transactions on the Bank’s Banking application.