Posted on :
9 Feb, 2011
9 Feb, 2011
Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong stock exchanges, and ranks among the top-25 companies in the FTSE-100 by market capitalisation. The London-headquartered group derives more than 90 per cent of its operating profits from Asia, Africa and the Middle East, and its income and profits have more than doubled over the last five years—primarily as a result of organic growth. The bank’s European operations serve as a bridge to emerging markets. StanChart has more than over 1,600 in 70 countries and employs over 70,000 people. Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria recruits Branch Support Officer
Branch Support Officer
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Process all outward clearing cheques and ensure the clearing account is reconciled and zerorised daily
• Safe custody of outward clearing cheques before forwarding to Head office
• Submit daily outward cheques to Head Office in line with SLA.
• Make copies of all daily outward clearing chequess and keep a file for hem
• Maintain a register of returned cheques.
• Prepare caution notices on outward cheques of N 1,000,000.00and above
• Maintain a register for outward caution notices and a file for acknowledgements.
• Maintain a file for inward caution notices
• Communication Provide Help desk for users in the branch on production problems and enquries.
• Maintain all hardware and software log up to date
• Check all jobs set ups prior to processing and inform IT of potential problems and assist in resolution.
• Ensure that Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
• Ensure correct operation of the bank’s hardware is maintained.
• Ensure that all appropriate peripherals are cleaned at least once a day and any hardware defect is Ensure that the computer room is clean and tidy at all time and that security is maintained
• Ensure that the systems inputs and output is securely backed up and tapes well maintain both on site- and off site.
• Ensure SOD, EOD, and online day reports are distributed to the appropriate officers and signed for. Ensure compilation of daily check list reports. The same applies to other periodic processing runs, such as End of quarter, year and month.
• Ensure timely print and distribution of KYC reports at specified frequencies.
• Ensure daily reconciliation of all branch suspense account
• Be responsible for undertaking the business monitoring and testing and reporting findings / exceptions’’
• To be the ATM custodian for the branch
• To monitor ATM uptime for maximum utilization and ensure daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of ATM related accounts.
• Maintain and update bin cards for all stationary items
• Ensure adequate stocks of all stationery items are available all the time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor Degree plus two years relevant work experience.
Knowledge of appropriate banking application software.
Sound knowledge of banking and statutory regulations.
Strong inter- personal skills to manage relationship managers
Good analytical skills to analyze, interpret, resolve and change workflow and improve productivity.
Ability to identify, analyse and manage operational risks.
Good knowledge of MICR system operations.
Good Knowledge of the operations of other departments
Basic PC skills – word processing and spreadsheets.
Thorough understanding of the Banks products and customer mandates.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply for this Vacancy in Nigeria
Click on this link: http://www.standardchartered.com/careers/professional-hires/index.html
Click on Professional Search, Select Nigeria and Search to Apply