STANDARD CHARTERED BANK – Nigeria International Graduate Programme Corporate Real Estate Services:
CRES is responsible for developing, maintaining and protecting the Bank’s infrastructure and environment. There is lots to take of, from health and safety to policy and planning, to security and sustainability.
Why choose CRES?
- Gain real exposure to global real estate and asset management
- Get involved in disaster recovery and security planning
- Drive a reduction in the environmental impact of our properties
You’ll need a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree to be accepted. Due to the nature of the work involved a degree in a related area is preferred, e.g. Engineering, Real Estate, Building Management or Environmental Studies.
About the programme
This programme will provide you with the foundation for a truly international career, by covering:
- Corporate Real Estate Strategy
- Risk – Business Continuity, Security, Health and Safety
- Space and Asset Management
You’ll gain experience in country and group roles across a number of core teams within this critical function.
For CRES graduates, the on-the-job development consists of four standard rotations:
Rotation 1 – Country CRES (10 months)
Once on board you’ll be assigned a rotation within country compliance, and this will include developing knowledge and skills across a number of areas. During this time you’ll learn how to:
- Prepare a clear brief from a business unit, regarding a real estate requirement, via a consulting approach
- Translate the real estate brief into a premises requirement specification
- Develop a business case for the real estate requirement
- Engage the necessary stakeholders required to gain approval of specified premises
- Take the business case through the Bank’s internal approval process
- Conduct a premises search, using internal and external resources to identify a site which meets user requirements
- Successfully negotiate favourable lease terms for the Bank
- Prepare, in conjunction with the landlord, the required lease documentation necessary to ensure financial, environmental, health and safety and operational risks are mitigated to the extent possible
- Renew an existing lease at most favourable terms
- Conduct market reviews to benchmark industry trends and current market rates for various types of real estate, including office, retail and potentially warehouse
- Effectively work with external service providers to maximise value throughout the leasing transactions process
Rotation 2 – Consumer Banking Branch (2 months)
This will include gaining an understanding of:
- How we drive value and deliver exceptional customer service
- The ability to explain the purpose and structure of our core products for Consumer Banking or Wholesale Banking
- The role that their specific function plays in supporting the customer experience.
- The end-to-end process from customer through to operations and accounting.
- How the work of CRES impacts the front line
- How Personal Financial Consultants (PFC) and Customer Relationship Managers (CRM) in branch operate
- The development of outline structures
Rotation 3 – CRES Risk (4 months)
This will include gaining an understanding of:
- The role of Business Continuity Management (BCM) and the risk management process
- BCM best practice and key regulatory requirements
- The Bank’s approach to the application of BCM measures and procedures to mitigate risks
- Participating in a gap analysis review of country Business Continuity preparedness, and formation of a country action plan
- The preparation and analysis of the Management Information reporting for Business Continuity
Rotation 4 – CRES Real Estate (7 months)
This will include building knowledge and skills around:
- The regulatory environment, risks and challenges faced by an internationally active bank
- How the Group’s key risk Compliance policies and processes are applied into country
- How Compliance provides advice and assurance to the business and supports its progression
- The regulatory risks in the specific business
- The structure of the Group and a greater exposure to its governance processes and controls
Business skills training
You will be required to attend the CRES Academic programmes. These will start in your first year immediately after the International Induction Programme. These academic programmes will develop your skills and knowledge and ensure you get to benefit from direct contact with our senior managers.
Standard Chartered Bank – Corporate Real Estate Services
Closing Date: 1 Jun 2011
Other vacancies include
To be eligible for this programme, you must have a minimum of two languages – both of which must be spoken at a business proficient standard. This programme is best suited to candidates who can demonstrate a strong analytical background – whilst not essential a degree in economics, mathematics, or engineering may help.
Standard Chartered Bank – Wholesale Banking
You’ll need a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree to be accepted.
A degree in HR Management would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Standard Chartered Bank – Human Resources