Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. We strive to make Standard Chartered a great place to work by creating an engaging, inclusive and safe environment that rewards success and encourages employees to take control of their personal development.
At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
We are recruiting to fill the post of :
Job Title: WB Business Finance Manager
Job ID: 352303
- Contributes to the right balance of growth, profitability and control of the business by:
- Providing Senior Wholesale Banking management with frequent, complete, accurate, timely and valid information as to the performance of the WB business on a monthly basis.
- Managing the processes and systems for formulating and evaluating business strategies/performance including planning, forecasting and budgeting, advanced analysis of financial data and teams profitability.
- Focusing on design, development, implementation, control and maintenance of management performance processes within WB.
- Support in setting strategy and monitoring progress towards KPI’s.
- Ensure the accurate and timely monthly reporting of financial information including compliance to IFRS.
- Preparation of a comprehensive budget and forecasts for the Wholesale Bank
- Prepare monthly Customer Profitability.
- Support ALCO & RALCO related issues which also includes Balance Sheet, RWA and Capital Requirement Analysis.
- Periodic Sales Reporting Issues
- All country Wholesale Bank finance issues
- Build on key team coherence to deliver on Business Support performance objectives.
- Support business to review product program/document with special emphasis on appropriate financial accounting
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1.) Business Partnering:
- Support the Wholesale Bank on strategy and monitor progress towards Key Performance Indicators.
- Actively implement the business partnering concept between Nigeria finance teams and the wholesale Bank.
- Actively implement a consistent path to the Group Business Model and migrates best practice.
- To report Wholesale Bank monthly performance and ensure reports are timely and accurate at both product and customer segment levels. This includes the consistent application of FTP and cost allocation methodologies.
- To further develop and implement comprehensive financial reporting for the Wholesale Bank.
- Review Nigeria business projections for ALCO and RALCO reporting and ensure timely submission to Group Market Risk.
- Ensure that Sales Reports are accurate.
- Ensure the PMI report are of good quality and timely resolve any issues relating to product, data and segment accuracy.
3.) Budgeting and Planning:
- Actively support the formulation of the annual Wholesale Bank budget and Strategy planning.
- Actively support Wholesale Bank Business Heads in developing and
4.) Value Based Management (VBM)
- Monitoring the Value Based Management (VBM).
- Assist EDF in formulation of consistent management processes across Nigeria to support the VBM strategy.
5.) Management Control:
- Actively support the EDF in the proper application of accounting principles and disciplines from the Group Management Accounting manual.
6.) Project Management:
- Implement project accounting disciplines and tracking for all pan African and local projects and ensure benefits tracking is carried out.
7.) Unit ORMA UORM
- To report Unit’s OR issues and losses from the RP to the FORM.
- To assist FORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
- Act as OR Coordinator for the section
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
- To own all risk issues within WB Finance
Qualifications & Skills
- A broad appreciation of banking practice and management techniques.
- A good knowledge of Group and local banking accounting procedures and requirements.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and communicate clearly and logically both in writing and orally.
- A formal business studies qualification – University degree in accounting/finance, MBA and/or professional qualification – CA, CIMA, ACCA, CIS, etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical capability
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, then click WB Business Finance Manager