Subsea Controls Engineer
EMDC Engineer for Subsea Controls. Scope includes: design, fabrication, FAT testing, SRT Testing, SIT Testing, installation support, static commissioning, commissioning and startup of the control system.
• Reviews and provides EM guidance to Contractor design efforts including but not limited to:
• Meets the design requirements by participating and advising Contractor in Design reviews, Hazops, Risk Analysis and FMECAs.
• Adheres to contract specifications and the Project Design Basis
• Maintains a high standard of quality and reliability by monitoring performance and taking action when necessary.
• Develops FAT, EFAT, SRT and SIT procedures
• Develops of qualification test program on non field proven equipment
• Stewards and influences timely and effective resolution of contractor’s interfaces
• Develops software logic and safety logic together with EM Operations
• Meets the project schedule requirements.
• Participates in Design Reviews/Risk Analysis and HAZOP meetings etc associated with the control system/umbilicals.
• Develops System P&IDs with Contractor/EM Operations
• Develops System C&E and Interlock Schedules with Contractor/ EM operations
• Develops FDS for the MCS software with Contractor/EM Operations.
• Develops FDS for SPCU, HPU and SESD3 equipment with Contractor/EM Operations
• Participates in development of FDS for IWOCs
• Reviews Contractors Quality/Test and Inspection Plans
• Reviews the Contractor’s technical deliverables, specifications, drawings, DFO etc
• Monitors activities and information flow particular to interface management—identify potential problems and aid development of recommendations.
• Reviews/Assists in development of Contractors’ FAT, EFAT, SRT and SIT procedures.
• Reviews/Agrees proposal by Contractor in the qualification testing of non field proven equipment
• Assists Contractor in developing the Insurance, Installation and commissioning and 2 year operating Spares requirements.
• Visits Contractor’s locations periodically, to review component testing thro to FAT of completed equipment.
• Works closely with Contractor/Operations in the software testing to identify compliance with specification requirements/interlocks and C&E requirements.
• Participates in Subsea Controls/Umbilicals SIT at Contractors locations.
• Works closely with Contractor/EM Operations in the development of the Static Commissioning Procedure and Commissioning procedure.
• Participates with the Installation Group/Installation contractor in the installation of the Subsea Controls Equipment and umbilicals
• Stewards the offshore Static Commissioning effort.
• Helps Operations develop a displacement/flushing procedure for pre-start up
• Stewards the offshore Commissioning and Start Up of the Satellites project
• Reviews/Accepts Contractors Mechanical Completion Dossiers, and O&M Manuals, for the Subsea Controls and Umbilicals equipment.
• Assists Operations in the ongoing Installation and Commissioning of additional Wells after First Oil up to handover date.
• Compiles a Lessons Learned Dossier for Subsea Controls and Umbilicals.
• BSc or MSc in related Engineering field
• Overall fundamental understanding of subsea production systems and systems level engineering.
• Good project management and project execution skills in handling multiple contractors, multiple projects and large number of internal/external interfaces.
• Subsea project Design Engineering experience preferred (minimum 5 – 10 years)