Posted on :
23 Aug, 2009
23 Aug, 2009
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. With around 102,000 employees in more than 100 countries and territories, Shell helps to meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Shell Exploration and Production Africa Limited is seeking for a Tax Adviser for it’s west Africa Operations, this position is to be based in Lagos
Central Finance provides a range of professional services, advice and products to Shell companies on a global basis. This support covers everything from management and financial accounting, consultancy and business controls through to Mergers & Acquisitions, Insurance, Tax and Treasury operations.
Group Taxation provides a consultancy advice for assets and global operations. From investigating and scoping divestment plans to understanding key business objectives and commercial drivers, we work closely with all areas of the business.
We are currently looking for a Tax Adviser to support our operations in a number of countries in West Africa.
– Accountable for the tax affairs of Shell operations in Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde,Cote d’Ivoire,Ghana,Guinea,Senegal,Mali
– Manage the tax audits in the Region
– Adopt an active role in tax law shaping activities,
– Provide tax assurance activities related to the assigned countries
– Act as a focal point and key advisor for knowledge and expertise in the country tax legislation,common law and administrative practice
– Establish and maintain business contacts in the country and identifying advice work related to that country
– Maintain Shell’s reputation in the country,with regards to Tax and ensure full compliance with tax laws and regulations
– Advise & manage the position we take on tax matters for projects & activities in the Region
– Provide strategic,operational and functional leadership to local finance staff on tax matters – Coordinate resources and ensure proper liason with other internal Tax teams to ensure tax work is professionally managed
– Ensure full compliance with relevant financial accounting standards,including SOX 404 within area of responsibility
– Provide assurance sign-offs to the Group in accordance with the Group’s Assurance Process
– Ensure proper records maintained for tax purposes as required by law and good business practice
– Take part in projects and play active part in the Tax community where required
– Manage consultants engaged to assist on Tax projects
– Manage the necessary expenses to run the activities of the area,in order to reduce costs and achieve targets
Recognized professional qualification and member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body; Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills; Effective at establishing and utilizing external relationships and contacts; Strong negotiation skills and effective at influencing others within and outside of Tax; Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business; Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams. Must be able to read, speak and write French and English language.
Application Deadline: Monday 07 September 2009
Number of Vacancies: 1