Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
is part of the Standard Bank Group. Stanbic Bank Nigeria was merged IBTC Chartered Bank PLC to form Stanbic IBTC Bank. The merger, by way of the first ever tender offer in Nigeria and a $525 million FDI.
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc through its wholly owned stock broking and asset management subsidiary, IBTC Asset Management Limited has several excellent mutual funds including the IBTC Nigerian Equity Fund, which is Nigeria’s largest mutual fund with a net asset value in excess of N25 billion (as at December 2007). It is the only bank that has a direct subsidiary that is a pension fund administrator; through the market leading IBTC Pension Managers Limited (IPML).
Job Title: Tax Officer
Job ID: 8825
Group Finance is a corporate function that serves the overall Standard Bank group across a variety of accounting disciplines – internal and external reporting, budgeting and planning, tax, technical accounting and investor relations. It also runs the bank’s capital management and regulatory reporting teams and the financial shared services processing centre. Group Finance has its own, dedicated SAP technical support and development team and a new financial systems and process improvement programme team known as Refine.
To support to the Tax and Finance team in areas of tax compliance and management. The person will be in responsible for preparing reports and documents dealing with tax compliance and reporting to internal and external parties
Key result areas:
Assist in all tax related matters Provide support in connection with regulatory authorities’ requests and audits Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Candidate must have deep analytical skills.
- Ability to understand the business, its context and its future evolution : constant updating of his/her unit management and conduction of the necessary.
- Mastery, application and updating of technical and professional competencies of own unit .
- Ability to build professional networks.
- Personal commitment, tenacity and energy applied to his/her management.
- Ability to solve problems in order to achieve results.
- Ability to guide, co-ordinate and control his/her team towards the business objectives.
- Holds a University recognized degree in Accounting, Law or any other related field.
- Minimum of Second Class Upper Division or equivalent.
- Must belong to relevant professional association (ICAN, CITN, NBA, etc)
- Minimum of three (3) years tax/regulatory working experience.
- Relevant experience with tax management (when to pay, how to pay, tax exemptions, etc).
- Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of SAP and Finacle is an added advantage.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are totally opposed to discrimination in any form.
Application Closing Date
June 4, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online