The USAID-funded Nigeria Malaria Action Plan for States (MAPS) Project is seeking qualified and candidates to fill the positions of Technical Assistant within its Abuja office. MAPS supports the Nigeria National Malaria Strategic Plan and National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and works to increase the quality, access and uptake of specific malaria control interventions, including ITNs, ACTs, RDTs, and IPTp to pregnant women.
The position descriptions are as follows:
Job Title: Technical Assistant (TA) to the Chief of Party
- Assist the Chief of Party to ensure and facilitate the smooth planning, management, and implementation of all MAPS activities.
- Assist the Chief of Party in providing expert support on crosscutting issues, and supervising the State MAPS teams in tandem with Abuja team.
- Assist the Chief of Party in assuring the cohesion of approach in the focal states and their conformity with the national strategies and policies in tandem with the MAPS team.
- Assist the Chief of Party to support policy development, training, and other initiatives to ensure all are conducted in a professional and appropriate manner in other MAPS locations (as assigned).
- Assist the Chief of Party in assuring that the annual work plans, procurement plans, disbursement plans, financial reports, and progress reports of the MAPS Project are of high quality and follow their implementation as appropriate.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in any of the social sciences or health related field and a minimum of seven years solid relevant working experience. Alternatively, a Master’s degree in a health related field with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Seven years (with Bsc or HND) or five years (with Msc) relevant experience working experience in a donor-funded environment. Experience working on a malaria control programme will be an added advantage.
- The TA must be fluent in spoken and written English, able to write clear reports.
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Possesses good communication, interpersonal , and administrative skills.
Method of Application
Only qualified applicants who meet the above requirements are asked to send a cover letter and resume to[email protected]
by January 31, 2011. Kindly indicate the position applied for in the cover letter and in the subject of your email. Position is Abuja-based.