Posted on :
5 Mar, 2012
5 Mar, 2012
Luxxor Group is a Nigerian owned group of companies, with subsidiaries involved in several industries including Power, Gas Distribution, Metals Trading and Construction. LuxxorPower; is a company with the express mandate of identifying and executing small to medium scale power development projects across west Africa with a principal focus on Nigeria. Sustainable, economical, profitable production with minimal impact fuel sources are among the key characteristics of the projects favoured for investment and development.
• Strong problem solving/analytical abilities with proven experience supporting PC and LAN environments
• Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the server infrastructure. Implement patches and other day-to-day administration tasks.
• Proactive monitoring of all servers, applications and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability. .
• Develop testing strategies to confirm end-to-end functionality.
• Develop, enhance, and execute procedures to administer quality support.
• Skills equivalent to 4-5 years in comparable position.
• Maintain and monitor proper backups/recovery of applicable server data.
• Maintain various server applications – including (but not limited to) DNS, DHCP, NTP, Database and HTTP/HTTPS.
• Maintain numerous script based tools utilizing the SNMP and WMI protocols for network monitoring and notification.
• Create and maintain documentation and keep detailed server maintenance and problem/corrective action logs.
• Server Administration (Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server)
• Network Administration (Optimize Network Topology, MPLS, WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Wireless and Subnetting)
• Required Education (Major): Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area. Degree may be substituted for equivalent professional work experience.
• Experience/Skills Required: 5+ years of system administration experience supporting Windows server and desktop operating system is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Able to multi task and pay close attention to detail.
• An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Very strong focus on the customer’s needs and a willingness to accommodate them.
• Must be able to independently identify and handle most situations; ability to define problems or objective; ability to identify relevant concerns or factors.
• Detail orientated.
• Strong commitment to quality customer service
• Ability to work independently as well as willing to follow direction and best practices
• Desire to help others and share your knowledge with other team members
• Strong understanding of Windows processes and tasks with the ability to identify, isolate and remove adware, spyware and viruses
• Working knowledge of various vendor switches, printers, copiers, fax machines, laptops, desktops
• Understanding of basic network components and concepts
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic network issues
• Creates and Manages Images, Software Deployment, and software management
• Specialized skills: Experience with the following in a systems administration capacity: Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, VMware, Various UNIX Servers, Windows active directory, IIS, Apache, SQL, and MYSQL.
• This should include administering network services: DNS, FTP, DHCP, VPN, etc. Preferred Qualifications: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, VCE certification.
Kindly forward [email protected]