Posted on :
12 Jul, 2012
12 Jul, 2012
Our client in the Telecommunication Industry need qualified candidates to feel the above position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
• Maintain the system in accordance with established standards, including daily performance reviews, operating system upgrades and applying security patches and fixes
• Meet regularly with the associated application team to keep abreast of development and other application-related activities
• Ensure appropriate problem resolution and that system issues are addressed and communicated accordingly
• Coordinate all changes to systems and infrastructure
• Recommend improvements to the system to maintain an efficient and accurate process providing customer oriented information
• Communicate changes, improvements and other important information about the system as needed
• Conduct periodic review of the system operations to insure that it is working as intended
• Ensure acceptable levels of documentation; including audits and controls to ensure data integrity; and procedures for operating and maintaining the system.
• Responsible for ensuring that there is a policy (who should get access) and process for granting access to the system and a process for periodic review of the access.
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILLS
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
• Certificate in Oracle Sun Solaris systems administrator 10 and above and four years’ experience.
• Minimum of three years of UNIX Systems Administration experience with an in-depth understanding of the OS and its commands.
• Experience in Shell scripting.
• Working Understanding of Solaris Domains, containers and zones.
• Experience with Oracle Sun Clustering and/or VERITAS storage foundation and VERITAS Clustering.
• ITIL foundation Certification.
• Effective Communication Skills
• Interpersonal and team work skills.
• Sound technical documentation skills.
• Customer focused and open minded.
• High level of commitment, accountability, integrity, assertiveness, innovation, confidence, can-do attitude and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes in an MsWord format to: [email protected]
PLEASE, ENSURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AS THE SUBJECT OF YOUR MAIL.