Posted on :
27 May, 2010
27 May, 2010
This job is within the framework of the USAN project which is a new field development in 750 m water depth and 100 km south of the Nigerian coast. USAN is being developed with 42 subsea wells connected to a 2MMbbls storage FPSO via 2 production loops, 2 water injection lines and 1 gas injection line. The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
– Organize meetings with production team and put in place reporting.
– As the discipline referent, liaise with head quarter for specific studies
– Validate studies/equipments for the discipline
– Carry out audits (HSE Labo, procedures, equipment and calibration…) and follow up action plan
– Organize and lead the selection tests for new chemicals. Manage the chemical contract in order to have on site at any time appropriate chemicals in sufficient quantity
– Provide production team with chemical injection recommendations and improvements. Follow up the injection rates and chemical consumption
– Assist production team in the implementation of the chemical treatment according to discipline / HSE rules (procedure writing, provide MSDS,…). Propose technical solution for Site Modification Requests
– Follow up with FPSO package and HQ the construction of the Labo and associated equipment and propose improvements. Prepare sampling and analysis activity.
– Involve in the call for tender process and manage the Laboratory contract
– Manage the implementation of LIMs (Laboratory database) and follow up proper use of it
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a BSC in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years experience in production. S/he should have knowledge of Company procedures and international standards for the discipline. Knowledge of contracts management, crude, water & gas treatment, chemistry, physico-chemistry, corrosion is also required.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent oral & written communication skills