Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
Total is one of the world’s major oil and gas groups. Its activities include exploration and production of oil and natural gas, refining and marketing, Total Exploration and Production – TEPNG Nigeria recruits Inspection / Maintainance Engineer to be based in Port Harcourt Nigeria
This job is within the framework of the USAN project which is a new field development in 750 m water depth and 100 km south of the Nigerian coast. USAN is being developed with 42 subsea wells connected to a 2MMbbls storage FPSO via 2 production loops, 2 water injection lines and 1 gas injection line. The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
– Define the scope, the objectives and the responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer and the Inspection Engineer, and supervise their work . Implement and up-date the “Maintenance and Inspection Philosophy” policy on board the FPSO
– Follow commissioning activities up to hand over to operations, including punch lists and reports
– Ensure seamless integration of maintenance and inspection engineering activities between the relevant Engineering contractors, the EPCC contractors, the Project Packages and Commissioning managers.
– Participate in Maintenance & Inspection Contracts definition, processing and implementation.
– Ensure timely integration of the future maintenance and inspection contractors (GMC, Specialised Contractors) during the construction / pre-commissioning and commissioning phases of the Project
– Organize onboard Maintenance & Inspection storage, workshop and offices
– Issue Offshore Maintenance and inspection organization procedures and workflows
– Participate in offshore CMMS implementation and start up
– Participate in offshore EDMS implementation and start up
– Review MIEC deliverables (Maintenance, Inspection & Spare parts) with an operational point of view
– Participate in the training programme (definition, implementation), and the personnel competencies evaluation, from a maintenance / inspection viewpoint.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of HND in Petroleum Engineering
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
– Excellent oral & written communication skills
– Excellent planning & organizational skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills