Posted on :
25 May, 2010
Total is one of the world’s major oil and gas groups. Its activities include exploration and production of oil and natural gas, refining and marketing, Total Exploration and production (TEPNG) Nigeria recruits Topside Maintenance Engineer
This job is within the framework of the AKPO Operations. AKPO is a large deep sea oil & gas field, integrating subsea wells, flowlines, risers, a FPSO, an off-loading buoy, export lines and their associates facilities. The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following duties:
• Provide Mechanical Expertise to the Maintenance and Inspection teams (both offshore, and onshore team), in any matter for the purpose of ensuring asset integrity and efficient management.
• Ensure that the mechanical equipment satisfy the operational requirements, and are properly maintained and inspected in accordance with the local statutory requirements, the Marine Certification requirements, and the Company Rules and Specifications.
• Supervise, as required by hierarchy the works performed by the Maintenance contractors on the FPSO hull, process equipment and utilities and the marine equipment including the buoy (SBM), and other equipment as specified by hierarchy. May be extended to subsea equipment.
• Ensure that the maintenance and inspection works are performed safely, in accordance with the Company HSEQ standards.
• Develop and follow-up performance and condition monitoring tools and techniques for the purpose of controlling the equipment condition.
• Contribute to the optimisation of the Maintenance practices, propose improvements on both technical and managerial matters.
The ideal applicant should have a BSC in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable higher institution.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
– Excellent oral & written communication skills
– Excellent planning & organizational skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills