Posted on :
27 May, 2010
27 May, 2010
Total‘s principal activity is to explore and produce oil and natural gas. The Group operates under four segments: Upstream, Downstream, Chemicals and Holding. Under the Upstream segment, the Group undertakes the production of oil and gas, power and other energy sources. Under the Downstream segment, the Group undertakes trading, shipping, refining and marketing of petroleum products, automotive fuels and LPG. Total Exploration and Production Nigeria recruits Transport Safety Engineer
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
• Review and update as necessary, Company’s Vehicle and Driving regulations and procedures, to ensure that they comply with approved international, national and Total group standards.
• Plan and realise driving training and certification for staff, drivers and spouses
• Assist in developing, updating and reviewing driving safety documents (policy, procedures and guidelines) and facilitate implementation
• Implement driving incentive scheme
• Undertake driver performance monitoring and embark actions to address areas of weakness in transportation safety
• Manage installation, maintenance, decoding and analysis of driving improvement monitors
• Prepare performance monthly and quarterly report on transport safety
• Report transport related incidents within 24 hours of occurrence
• Conduct transport related accident/incident investigation and communicate incident learning points promptly
• Address areas of poor performance with improvement plan on transport safety.
• Develop and manage transport safety database
• Facilitate drivers HSE meetings/ briefings and provide feedback on transport safety
• Undertake transport safety audits
• Ensure that vehicle on fleet comply with company safety standards and road worthiness
• Ensure the smooth implementation of the journey management system
• Undertake transport safety awareness/communication campaign
• Ensure that only contractors with adequate HSE management capabilities are invited to tender for COMPANY work and that all bids are analysed to demonstrate such capability before being subjected to commercial evaluation on transport needs
The ideal applicant should possess a B.Eng in Mechanical,Chemical or any Engineering discipline with a minimum of Second Class honours, Lower Division.
The ideal applicant should have 8 years relevant working experience. A practical exposure or knowledge in Human Factors, Behavioral HSE, Technical Safety Engineering, Safe Systems of Work and Risk management tools/techniques is also required.
Experience in Training, Coaching/Mentoring and Change Management will be an added advantage.
The ideal applicant should possess the following skills:
• A sound knowledge or skill level in transportation management .
• Leadership skills and overall change management skills
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Must be computer literate ( words, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc)
• Must be persuasive with ability to influence others and change their attitude.