Posted on :
25 May, 2010
Total Exploration and Production Nigeria recruits METHODS OFFICER (CONTRACTS & PROCUREMENT) to be based in Port Harcourt Nigeria, Within the framework of an integrated project team, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
1. Analyze and determine as necessary the most economic and efficient mode of freighting and customs clearance
2. Maintain adequate Follow-up with Duets in the User Departments served
3. Pay attention to TEPNG Shipping and General Conditions and terms of purchase/Contracts to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
4. Projects Operations execution, documentation and follow-up activities
5. Manage and coordinate all activities relating to insurance claims/purposes.
6. Liaise with Port operators for Company Interests, and Head of Yards for of stacking provisions management
7. Superintend import and export of personal effects.
8. Participate in shipping contracts, procedures and policy formulation.
9. Maintain operational files and records by shipping transactions.
10. Negotiate and Manage settlements for Material damages arising from operations in relations with Insurance
The successful candidate should have a degree in any Management or Social Sciences.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
– Must also be very analytical with ability to propose innovative and workable alternatives or solutions.
– Good interpersonal relationship, conviviality, capacity of anticipation, analysis and synthesis
– Good communication skills
– Close contact with his Internal Customers (User Department) and various contractors in his line of business.
– Good knowledge of all general software (Excel, Words etc…)