UAC of Nigeria Plc
is a leading private sector enterprise, which has played prominent roles in the development of the country since 1879. A diversified, food-focused company, UAC’s operations span the manufacturing, services, logistics and warehousing and real estate sectors of the economy.
JOB TITLE: LEGAL SERVICES MANAGER
Reporting to the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, the Legal Services Manager will be responsible for litigation, conciliation, mediation, arbitration, debt recovery, legislative intelligence and advisory, police matters, legal aspects of employee issues, legal aspects of banking transactions, general legal advisory, legal cost and litigation, budget management
• Management of the litigation and debtors portfolio; and resolution of the legal disputes of UAC of Nigeria Plc and its Business Units (‘group’) through Alternate Dispute Resolution techniques;
• Manages the litigation budget and implements legal cost cutting techniques for the group;
• Implements an effective legislative intelligence and advisory systems which support the group’s strategic and operational plans;
• Manages the group’s relationship with external counsel/law firms and
serves as the link between the group and external law firms/counsel;
• Advises the group on legal aspects of banking and employee relations;
• Handles police matters and manages police relations for the group; Job
The ideal candidate must:
• Have at least a second class upper degree in law;
• Have at least 10 years post call experience of which 8 years should have been spent in a similar position of a multinational company/conglomerate or top range multi-structured legal practice with focus on commercial law, corporate law and practice, real estate, law of securities, litigation practice and ADR-Alternate Dispute Resolution techniques, employment law, law of banking and securities, etc;
• Be computer literate;
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
REMUNERATION: Very competitive in line with Industry Practice.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Short listed candidates will be contacted via email.