Posted on :
11 Dec, 2009
11 Dec, 2009
UNDP (United Nations Development program) is recruiting for a Programme Associate to be based in Abuja. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex programme-related issues and information delivery.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Team Leader and assigned Programme Analyst, the Programme Associate provides leadership in execution of services in the CO Programme Unit, supports the design, planning and management of the country programme by managing data and facilitating programme implementation. The Programme Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
* Administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures
* Support to the substantive and financial management of the Governance of Environmental Risk and Resources Programme
* Maintenance and updating of the Team’s portfolio for e-documentation and knowledge management systems.
* Administrative support to the Programme Unit
* Support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
* Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Presentation of thoroughly researched information for preparation of CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets (BSC). Establishment of the mechanisms to track use of RBM tools and maintenance of RBM database.
* Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions.
* Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies, preparation of reports.
2. Provides effective support to management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
* Presentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country programme, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
* Initiation of a project, entering project into Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions.
* Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
* Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
* Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
* Preparation and conduct of audit of NEX projects, implementation of audit recommendations.
3. Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of NEX projects Financial Reports.
* Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
* Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
4. Provides support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and database, establishment of contacts with donor counterparts.
* Track and reporting on mobilized resources.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on the units programming activities.
* Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
* Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
* Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
* Shares knowledge and experience
* Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
* Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
* Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
* Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
Leadership and Self-Management
* Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
* Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
* Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
* University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
* 7 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
* Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
* Fluency in both written and spoken English and national language of the duty station.
Deadline is 28th December 2009.