Posted on :
29 Jul, 2010
UNICEF Nigeria recruits Office Assistants to be based in Bauchi, Enugu, Kaduna and Lagos. Under the direct supervision of the Administrative/Human Resources Assistant, will provide general office support to the operations of the respective Field Offices in order to contribute to office efficiency and smooth operations.
The successful candidates will be expected to carry out the following duties
1. Carry out the physical verification of non-expendable inventory (NEP) management. Physically receive and issue out NEP items, monitor and regulate the physical movement and location of all fixed assets, as well as sort and arrange the fixed assets in readiness for approved disposal action. Work with the Administrative/Human Resources Assistant, to ensure correct physical labeling and coding of all NEP items and assist the Administrative/Human Resources Assistant in carrying out annual physical verification of fixed assets.
2. Keep physical custody of the administrative stocks (stationery and office supplies). Receive stocks into the administrative stores and fuel dump and issue out to requesting units/staff upon approval. Maintain bin cards and other relevant documents. In a timely and regular manner, inform the Administrative/Human Resources Assistant on office supply replenishment needs. Assist in carrying out quarterly physical count of the store.
3. Assist in filing and shelving of documents in the Operations Section (Finance, Admin and HR) to ensure efficient and accurate record keeping.
4. Receive requests for stationery and office supplies from different units and ensure accurate issuance as approved by Supervisor. Maintain, prepare and submit monthly report to Supervisor.
5. Carry out reproduction, scanning and binding of office documents and arrange for reproduction of documents outside the office when required. Maintain the daily photocopying register, photocopier log and ensure follow up for regular maintenance and repairs of photocopier for optimal functionality.
6. Dispatch and collect mails to and from the post office. Maintain register of mails dispatched through the post office.
7. Assist in making payments for utilities to various service providers (electricity, telephone etc) and filing of receipts. Assist in regular inspection of office premises and facilities and reporting faults to the Administrative/Human Resources Assistant for action.
Minimum qualification and competencies
* Completion of secondary education. University or polytechnic-level diploma in business administration, management or related field preferable.
* Two years progressive experience in administrative or office support. Experience in stock taking and recording an asset.
* Fluency in English language is required. Knowledge of another UN language, an asset. Knowledge of local working language(s) of the duty station is desirable.
* Communication, working with people, drive for result and ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Analyzing, learning and researching, planning and organizing, following instructions and procedures.
* Basic computer literacy with knowledge of word and excel.
UNICEF, which has a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Prepare the following documents
* A completed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from www.unicef.org/employ)
* Your curriculum vitae with your current, detailed contact information (including telephone number and email address)
* A one-page summary statement that shows how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements above.
Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and competencies (above) will be considered.
Send your documents in a sealed envelope marked ‘confidential’ and with the vacancy number to:
The Human Resources Manager
Plot 617/618, Diplomatic Drive
Central Business District
PMB 2851, Garki, Abuja
Meet the deadline
Applications must be received by UNICEF by midnight (Abuja time) on Tuesday, 10 August 2010. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.