United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) – For over 65 years, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has been protecting the rights and well-being of refugees all over the world.
Hence we are currently seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: International Protection Internship
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Based in UNHCR Nigeria’s Abuja office, this internship offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in supporting the coordination of the protection response in the context of the humanitarian emergency situation in Nigeria. It will provide insight and experience into the Protection Sector Working Group’s (PSWG) coordination approach and in the implementation of priority areas of protection interventions.
- Perform all tasks necessary in the course of UNHCR’s role to co-lead the PSWG
- Follow developments in the protection situation in Nigeria and provide analysis for protection activities taking place
- Attend pertinent meetings, including meetings of the PSWG, Sub-Sector Working Groups and other Sectors and provide briefing summaries
- Prepare, draft and format documents, including analytical reports, presentations and communications as required.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- University degree in Law, International (Humanitarian Law), Human Rights or similar fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical abilities and research skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and interest to work particularly with NGOs
- Strong attention to detail, proactive approach, ability to work quickly under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic administrative skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Understanding of humanitarian emergency response and cluster system
- Experience working with internally displaced persons and in international law/humanitarian aid/human rights disciplines.
- Excellent information management skills.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNHCR. Costs and arrangements for travel including travel arrangements to and from the location where the internship will be carried out, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns or their sponsoring institutions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below