Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position in the University.
The University of Ibadan is the foremost University in Nigeria and one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in the former Commonwealth.
In consonance with its Vision, the institution is positioned to provide facilities for the pursuit of learning and the acquisition of a liberal education as are appropriate for a University of such high standing as well as human resource needs required for Nigeria’s economic and scientific growth.
• The Director of Academic Planning is a key officer in the management of the affairs of the University.
• He is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and must be able to provide the University Management with appropriate and accurate information for decision making purposes on University matters.
• The Director of Planning also has the following specific responsibilities among others:
• Prepare and review the University academic brief as appropriate;
• Determine the staff needs of Departments/Units in the University at every point in time based on available resources and Council directive and make appropriate recommendations where necessary;
• Coordinate activities involved in the accreditation of Academic Programmes and Departments in the Universities;
• Liaise with the National Universities Commission for delivery and implementation of appropriate policies in the management of the University;
• Make projections, based on processed data, on the staff/students population of the University;
• Prepare and publish regularly, statistical data on the various Departments and Units of the University;
• Monitor and evaluate Academic Programmes and Departments for appropriate academic development planning purposes;
• Implement the quality assurance and improvement plans of the University;
• Liaise with the Bursar in the preparation of Annual Recurrent Budget Estimates; and Monitor resource allocation and utilization of same in the University.
Applicants for this important position must be candidates with vision, proven professional distinction, international exposure and high managerial abilities in both private and corporate endeavours, and must be able to demonstrate good understanding of quality assurance issues. In addition, they must have a clear knowledge of the structure and Vision statement of the University.
• Applicants must possess a good honours degree from a recognized University in any of the following fields: Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Educational Management with bias in Mathematics/Statistics/Economics.
• A doctorate postgraduate degree would be an added advantage. Applicants must also be computer literate
• Applicants are required to have a minimum of 15 years cognate experience in the Planning Unit of a recognized University not less than 5 of which must have been spent in top management position in the Planning Unit.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
• The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to similar positions in all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be approved from time-to-time by the Governing Council of the University of Ibadan, The appointment shall be till retiring age, Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the contributory Pension Scheme or any comparable Scheme as may be approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria,
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are requested to forward two (2) copies of their applications in their own handwriting with 30 copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating:
• Date of Birth,
• Marital Status,
• GSM Numbers,
• Full Qualification,
• State of Origin,
• Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees and two photocopies of their credentials to reach the Deputy Registrar (Establishments).
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “Post of Director of Planning, UNIBADAN”
Applicants are also requested to inform their Referees to forward Confidential Reports on them, direct to the Deputy Registrar (Establishments) from whom further details may be obtained.
Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Omotayo O. Ikotun (Mrs.)
Expiring Date: 1st July, 2010.