Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant job positions below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian, a Principal Officer of the University, shall be responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the good management of the university Library and the other library services in the University.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates for the post of the University Librarian must possess a good honours degree with a minimum of second class, Masters and PhD in Library Science, Library and Information Science or related field from a recognized university.
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence in quality publications, teaching and research, and credible community service.
- He/she must be computer literate and show evidence of considerable scholarship and understanding of the application of new technologies to library operations and services.
- The person must have at least 15 years post-qualification experience in reputable University library, comparable institutions or research institutions.
- He/she must be a person with leadership qualities, high integrity and unquestionable character and an outstanding manager of men and, resources.
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer, and in accordance with the University Act, the Chief Financial Officer of the University. He is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day good management, control of financial affairs and the provision of accounting services for the University.
- Applicants for this position must be of impeccable integrity and transparency, professional distinction, and must command respect and engender loyalty of staff and students of the University.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates must possess a minimum of second class honours degree in Accountancy from a recognized university plus full professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA, ICAN or ANAN with 15 years cognate working experience preferably in a University or similar institution.
- Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be computer literate and must have served in capacity not below the rank of Deputy Bursar.
- Applicants should not be over 60 years and must not be more than 65 years at completion of tenure.
Salaries and Conditions of Service
Appointment is made for fixed period of 5 years only. The salary is as approved for Bursar and University Librarian in Nigerian federal universities as may be determined from time to time by Government Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their applications and 20 copies of their current Curriculum Vitae signed by themselves giving the following information:
- Full names, current postal address, permanent home address;
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Details of previous and current appointments with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications including distinctions and dates
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts and employers;
- List of publications stating Journals/Books in which they were published (if any)
- Other activities outsides current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one (1) of whom must be from the candidates present employer
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed
The Enveloped should be marked “Application for the Post of University Librarian” (as the case may be), to be addressed to:
Modibbo Adama University of Technology,
P.M.B. 2076, Yola,
Please copy to: [email protected]
Candidates should please request their referees to forward reports attesting to their character, Integrity and capability for the post, in a sealed envelope and marked “Confidential”.
Note: Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
12th December, 2016.