MacTay Group – Our client, a reputable telecommunication company requires the services of an experienced Quantity surveyor that would add immense value on assigned projects and be responsible for ensuring the integration of both operational and financial measures aimed at efficiency, growth and profitability of the business in the long-term.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the client
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- Perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Allocate work to subcontractors;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
Educational/ Experience/ Skills Required
- 10 Years experience in the Quantity survey function in a reputable firm or Industry.
- B.Sc. or HND in Quantity Survey or a related discipline.
- Masters’ degree will be an advantage
- Professional accreditation is an added advantage
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Organised and methodological with a keen eye for detail
- IT skills e.g. proficient with Microsoft software
- Maths skills / numerically minded
- Budget and financial management
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Industry knowledge and understanding
Application Closing Date