World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Clerk
Objectives of the Programme
The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to:
- The reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and
- The strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Description of Duties
- Under the overall supervision of the WHO Country Operations Officer, and direct supervision of the State Coordinator, the incumbent will provide general administrative and finance support to the office.
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Assist the Admin Assistant in the maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances statement and confirming adequacy of support documents as well as in rendering of monthly Imprest reports.
- Assist in preparing payment schedules/bank instructions including upload into electronic payment platforms
- Assists with maintenance of petty cash account and replenishment of same
- Assist with disbursement of SIAs funds including payment site monitoring and report
- Assist in transport planning including monitoring of usage of hired vehicles, fueling of vehicle fleets and generator maintenance
- Collects and deliver mails, pouches and other communication from and to courier companies, government agencies and other institution; maintains a mail movement register.
- Performs any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time by the SC or AA
- Essential: Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented by a Diploma in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Desirable: University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or its equivalent
Verification of Educational Qualifications:
- “In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/.
- Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually”.
- Computer literacy especially proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Producing results;
- Communicating in a credible and effective way;
- Ensuring the effective use of resources;
- Essential: At least 2 years’ experience commensurate with the duties of the posts and its grade in an international, public or private organization of repute
- Desirable: Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral International Organizations in the country is an Advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English
- WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click below to apply online