Posted on :
8 Nov, 2009
8 Nov, 2009
The Governing Council in consonance with the relevant provisions of Tai Solarin University of Education Law of 2008 has directed that machineries be set in motion for the Appointment of a Vice Chancellor for the University with effect from April 2010 at the expiration of the term of the incumbent Vice-Chancellor.
The Person to be appointed as the Vice-Chancellor must:
• Be a PhD holder and an outstanding Professor of not less than 5 years.
• Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University.
• Be a world-class academic with a proven track record of scholarship and University management.
• Be internationally connected and show evidence of ability to attract grants from both local and international donor agencies/corporate organizations.
• Be of high integrity, morally sound and have the quality to command sufficient respect and loyalty from members of staff, students and the entire University Community.
• Be able to provide strategic vision and leadership that is capable of making Tai Solarin University of Education, the preferred University of the 21st century.
• Be broad minded and competent at all times to advise the Governing Council on any matter bothering on policies, finances and administration of the University.
• Not have attained age fifty-five (55) at the time of assumption of duty (April 2010)
• Be committed to further deployment of ICT into the programme of the University.
• Be able to relate effectively with government, non-governmental organizations, the alumni, the local community and other well-meaning Nigerians who are in love with education.
• The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of 5 years and shall not be eligible for re-appointment
• The salary and allowances payable to the Vice-Chancellor shall be competitive and as approved by the University Governing Council.
Method of Application:
1. Interested applicants are expected to forward 30 copies of each of their standard and detailed curriculum vitae and credentials with the following information:
I. Full Name;
II. Date of Birth;
IV. E-mail address;
V. Telephone number;
VI. Permanent home address;
VII. Marital Status;
VIII. Number and ages of children;
IX. Institutions attended (with dates);
X. Academic qualifications (with dates);
XI. Institutions and names of PhD students/Fellows supervised and dates graduated;
XII. Membership of academic and professional bodies (with dates);
XIII. Academic awards and distinctions;
XIV. Details of administrative, fund-attraction and managerial experience in the University system;
XV. Major scholarly Publications or breakthrough;
XVI. Specific services to local, national and international communities (with dates, institutions, establishments and status);
XVII. Present employment, status, salary and employer;
XVIII. Extra Curricular activities.
2. The applicants should also submit thirty (30) copies of statements of their various for the University in the next 5 years and how funds and grants are to be attracted, describing possible sources and processes. Evidence of such capability should be provided.
3. The applicant must submit names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be requested to forward their referees’ reports to the Registrar under confidential cover, not later than the closing date of this advertisement.
4. All applications in sealed envelopes, marked at the top left corner “Post of Vice-Chancellor’ should be addressed to:
The Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council
Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun
Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.
And submitted to:
Tai Solarin University of Education,
Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.
5. Only short listed candidates will be invited for further interaction with the joint Council and Senate Selection Board at a date to be decided and formally communicated in writing.
Closing Date: 10th November, 2009.