Posted on :
14 May, 2012
WFO Professional Services is a member of the WFO International, an association of independent firms of accountants and business advisors. From just being an accounting firm, we are gradually evolving into a fully integrated resource centre with the capability of advising growing companies and charities on all aspects of their business needs. We work with organizations within the commercial, governmental and non-governmental sectors and offer services across Audit, Tax, Advisory and Accounting Outsourcing Services through our offices in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja.Due to the increase of activity in our firm, we seek appointment of dynamic and result-oriented Senior Manager (Audit).
Reporting directly to the Senior Partner and/ or the Office Managing Partner, the successful candidate will work closely with senior management to develop the team within the firm responsible for audit and other attest services. The successful candidate will have the autonomy and support of the firm to structure the team as he/she deems necessary, implement all requisite policies and strategies. As a Senior Manager, the person will have the opportunity to command the attention of the boardroom, with client directors eager to draw upon his/her skills and technical expertise while continuously developing the people in the firm’s Audit practice. This position comes with a very promising career and competitive remuneration package composing mainly of profit sharing.
• Be involved in the strategic planning of the firm.
• Create opportunities for the team members to grow; support and develop them to succeed
• Identify, Develop and grow Businesses and Accounts
• Engage with Clients, developing long–lasting relationships
• Ensure effective delivery and timely completion of projects
• Work collaboratively with Partners across Audit and other practice areas
• Assist in raising market awareness about the firm’s successes and contributions in Audit
• Manage cost and headcount to ensure maximum profitability
• Leverage commercial opportunities and technology
• Support and contribute to developing standards and methodology which enhance the firm’s reputation and brand value
• Implement procedures to ensure compliance with ISA’s.
• To actively manage the audit team, including day to day management, performance reviews and their personal development.
• Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
• Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff, at all levels, to perform audit services.
• Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities
The Successful Applicant
• First Degree (BSc or HND) in any field, and membership of ICAN.
• Minimum 7 years working experience, including experience in the audit unit of a leading accounting firm for at least 4 years.
• Strong client-servicing mindset and relationship management experience, a consistent business development capability and a strong technical competence.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to adapt to an unstructured environment.
• Global mindset – capable of and interested in applying skills and experiences in new situations and environments.
• Ambitious with genuine enthusiasm for this market and the area of expertise
• High proficiency in MS Office suites, especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
Method of Application
Suitable Candidates should visit our website (www.wfointernational.com ) for more information while applications containing detailed curriculum vitae and position applied for marked as subject of email should be forwarded to [email protected] not later than 5:00p.m on 25th May 2012.