is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, José Cuervo, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Type of Job: Full Time
Reports To: Laboratory Technologist
The Brewery operations are focused on our three sites, – Ogba, Benin and Aba. And all sites have quality functions within their structure.
Reports to the budget holder for the quality function within each site as appropriate.
b) Market Complexity
Work across our business with support from West Africa Hub and Brand Technical Centre in Dublin to deliver high quality product to our consumers.
c) Leadership Responsibilities
Carry out designated analyses promptly and accurately in line with Guinness Nigeria PLC (GNPLC) work procedure and ensure results are well-documented on-line, notebooks and on-line Kalamazoo and results sent to user dept promptly.
Purpose of Role:
To ensure bench work quality control determination are carried out in accordance with GNPLC quality procedures and specifications for the attainment of high quality products
– Determination and reporting of analytical parameters, as appropriate and as specified. Working within guidelines to ensure that results are repeatable and aligned to other laboratories on an interchange basis.
– Working with the appropriate parts of the supply function (as required) to assist them in delivering products of the highest quality in terms of content and presentation.
– Acting as a member of the Quality team, and displaying the behaviours expected of a strong team player
Qualifications and Experience Required:
– OND or HND in physical, chemical or biological sciences.
– On the job experience, having worked for minimum of 2 years in a laboratory environment.
– Result oriented.
– Very good communication skills.
– Good interpersonal skills.
Barriers to Success in Role:
As the business will rely on the quality of the output from the individual to make business decisions around the quality of its components and products, lack of a very responsible attitude to work will be a hindrance to the individual. Similarly, a low boredom threshold will be a problem.
Flexible working options: Brewery based in Aba.