Posted on :
19 Jul, 2011
This job is directly responsible for the growth and profitability of Oracle HW sales in West and Central Africa
Plans, organises, directs and controls the hardware sales organisation whilst working with marketing, alliance & channels, finance, HR , services and,business development and sales operations of the company to achieve aggressive growth. Ultimately responsible for customer and employee satisfaction, and is the key Oracle HW spokesperson WCA .
• Grow the customer and revenue footprint by increasing SOW in existing customers and acquiring new customers.
• Builds strong working relationships with counterparts in Oracle Software LOB’s and works to drive One Red Team and Red Stack solutions into the customer’s.
• Responsible for building a strong sales organisation for sustained growth and exponential growth.
• Ensures cross LOB joint account planning for all key accounts.
• Directs and motivates subordinate managers and staff to achieve agreed targets.
• Ensures effective ongoing performance management, development and training of all staff.
• Responsible for accurate and timely forecasting an reporting.
• Use Oracle best practice tools for opportunity management, account planning and forecasting.
• Prepares for and presents effectively at MEA and EMEA business reviews.
• Leverages the marketing, alliances and channels, storage and server solution teams for maximum sales return
• Ensures that all countries are visited on a regular basis and regular contact is maintained with key staff, customer’s and partners in those countries.
• Builds relationships with top management in customer and government organisations.
• Participates in the negotiation of major sales deals within broad policy guidelines.
• Develops, integrates, and coordinates a long term strategic business plan based on local economic and political factors as well as operational objectives and plans.
• Initiates progressive changes wherever beneficial
• Engage in collaborative, strategic and tactical business planning with key partners.
• Executes the overall implementation of company objectives and operating practices. Ensures that the Company’s performance complies with Oracle worldwide management directives and local statutory regulations.
• Identifies new growth opportunities in the countries that warrants investment from the company
• Proven track record in sales and business management in remote geographies.
• Ability to build and manage virtual teams.
• Ability to manage staff remotely and excellent people management skills.
• Ability to be a leader and balance this with management.
• Gravitas and presence at an executive communication level.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of IT and its applications. Must be able to translate between technology solutions and business requirements in a knowledgeable and articulate manner.
• Ability to be a keynote speaker at local customer and marketing events..
Key Performance Indicators:
• Revenue growth targets met/exceeded.
• Acquisition of new customers consistently generating revenue.
• Revenue growth from existing customers.
• Gross margin on sales.
• Accurate forecasting.
• All sales management and sales staff meeting/exceeding targets.
A university degree, preferably in Commerce, Computer Science, or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. Worked for at least 15 years in the computer industry, with direct sales experience, and at least 7 years senior sales management experience. Proven track record in sales and management. Experience in marketing/sales positions. Good negotiation skills, and effective communicator. Sound financial management knowledge. Strategic thinker, and innovator. Regarded as a leader both inside and outside Oracle.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Click on this link
select Nigeria, select job and apply