Posted on :
24 Jun, 2011
Nigeria LNG Limited is jointly owned by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, It was incorporated as a limited liability company on May to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas LNG and Natural Gas Liquids NGLs for export. We are constantly looking for talented and motivated new employees who can contribute to the success of our company.
Job Title: 2ND OFFICER
LOCATION: ONBOARD NLNG CHARTERED SHIPS
The appointee will be required to keep a safe navigation and cargo watch and maintain the navigation equipment and publications deck fire and safety equipments.
The duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure the safety of all personnel working for him, especially at mooring station when arriving and leaving port
• Responsible for the Medical locker and ensure the administration of first aid and medical treatment to Shipboard personnel.
• Ensure that the breathing apparatus and oxygen resuscitation equipment are in working condition and all associated records are properly maintained.
• Maintain the Bridge information book and associated records
• Act as nominated officer for the GMDSS station, when required, with responsibility for associated tests and records
• Maintain navigational watch when vessel is at sea and cargo watch at loading/discharge ports
• Plan and prepare vessel voyage charts tracing the routes and update the charts
• Liaise with Chief Officer to order navigational chart and other admiralty materials for the safe navigation of the ship.
• Act as shipboard Safety Officer when required
The right person should:
• Possess a OOW (Deck) Certificate of Competency (CoC)
• Possession of HND will be an added advantage
• Possess 5 years seagoing experience
• Experience on LNG/LPG carrier will be an added advantage
• Possession of Tanker Familiarisation/Dangerous Cargo Endorsement will be an added advantage
• Possess knowledge of Shipping Operations in the Shipping and marine industry
• Be a Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Method of Application
All interested applicants should visit CLICK HERE to visit nigerialng application portal. For new users, click on the ”Unregistered User” to fill in your personal detail before applying. All registered users should click on the link “Registered user“, fill in their user name and password before applying.