ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Specialist
Publication ID: NG63523117_E4
Business Unit: Country Staff Small Country
Job Function: Sales
- The Sales Engineer is responsible for creating/implementing the sales plan under his/her responsibility (by customers, consultants, partners, other relevant parties, etc.) to achieve key takeaway quality and quantitative targets (volume, revenues, product mix, price, area coverage and customer penetration, increasing market share, etc.) in a profitable way, with the specified customer/s or area/s, according to the sales strategy.
- Responsible for building his knowledge to have an in-depth understanding of his/her business area environment, regarding the customers’ and the competitors’, to be able to estimate the coming trends and market movements, and to provide input to ABB network regarding his/her customer`s portfolio.
- The manager must also maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers that are present in their area of responsibility. Required to build long-term sustainable customer relationships, without losing any short term business.
- Responsible for making sales plans and reaching key takeaway targets, including volume, revenues, product mix, price, area coverage and customer penetration and increasing market share.
- Must utilize technical resources to support/secure sales development projects
- Required to plans and execute promotional activities, such as technical seminars, in-house presentations, product demos and therefore educate customers and partners effectively.
- Responsible for the implementation of the best way of creating the request or need of the product/solutions in the market. New product launches.
- Must identify new customers and take existing customers/partners through the complete sales process, including the delivery stage. Required to create offers and proposals based on input data and collaborate with Sales and Engineering.
- Must identify potential buyers/customers, and prepare and implement a customer visit plan to obtain deals. Required to use different selling skills, e.g. a consultative selling approach tailored to customer’s needs, knowledge of the customers’ visions, strategies and processes in order to create value for the customer
- Must ensure cross-functional collaboration with Product management to explore new customer opportunities, and the channeling of customer needs and requirements back to Sales & Marketing team
- Must have a proactive post-sales approach through follow-up of the on-going orders & products in order to create additional deals from the customer.
- Must anticipate customer needs by focusing on a proactive sales approach
- Required to make sure that customer resolution cases have clear ownership and implementation.
- Must establish the overall marketing & sales activities implementation plan by considering market trends, customers, competitors, industry and applications.
- Will support business development by identifying and creating new business opportunities.
- Required to work closely with other ABB units in order to provide a complete and competitive solution, and must be able to identify additional opportunities for business growth
- Required to act accordingly to achieve sales targets, respective budgets and other related activities.
- Will actively support pre-defined Sales and Marketing engagements
- Required to provide regular reports of the sales, including sales activity, figures, lead management and opportunity tracking, to optimize sales results and to give information to the sales organization
- Must support the Channels M&S manager on specific requests and monthly report feedback
- Required to provide the data on trained customers and partners.
- Required to complete the reporting analyses, including customer’s potential, penetration index and number of yearly new/lost customers
- Responsible for achieving price targets and understanding the impact on the result
- Must identify and monitor the market price levels. Responsible for the coordination of price information across numerous functions.
Customer Relationship Management and Customer Satisfaction:
- The Sales Engineer must be able to establish a vision for committed, loyal, long-term customer relationships and implementing the necessary steps to reach the shared vision.
- Responsible for the execution of regular customer surveys, and analyzing and following up on results.
- Responsible for analyzing and updating customer information related to the customers, for example on customer’s processes, organization, projects, strategies and visions
- Responsible for maintaining team success by taking into account other functions and ensuring cross-collaboration
- Required to continuously coach/develop their own and their team members’ technical knowledge and soft skills competencies.
- Self-reflection on personal development and training needs by considering own knowledge and skills required for the role.
- Responsible for training and educating the customers and partners in his area.
Quality and Risk Management:
- Responsible for minimizing the risks regarding the agreements and offers, and to be fully compliant regarding the business ethics.
- Responsible for ensuring that all the processes, such as product launches and marketing-communication plans, customer training and salespeople training and tasks are all properly organized, planned and followed up.
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent subject with 5-7 years’ experience in Sales role with a record of the high sales results in the company of a similar field preferred
- Strong independent worker, able to maintain regular contact with sales teams and management from a distance. Knowledge of the ABB division product portfolio and the organization preferable. Good communication skills and flexible attitude towards local travel
- Proficiency in English and “local language”, fluency in additional languages is advantageous.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment and within a matrix organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- If you are interested to join our team, apply directly on website with your ENGLISH RESUME
- In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at [email protected]
- No CVs allowed on e-mails