ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Value Chain Advisor
- ACDI/VOCA is recruiting a team of Value Chain Advisors (VCA). The VCAwill support the goals and objectives of the TRIMING project with regards to farmer organizations. The TRIMING project supports infrastructure development and farmer organization development at four irrigation schemes in Northern Nigeria including, the Hadejia Valley Irrigation Scheme (HVIS), the Kano River Irrigation Scheme (KRIS), the Bakolori Irrigation Scheme (BIS), and the Middle Rima Valley Irrigation Scheme (MRVIS).
- The principal responsibility of the VCA is to expand the volume, and ensure the quality of transactions between TRIMING Irrigation Scheme farmers and input and equipment service providers and off-takers. As such, the VCA will function as matchmakers between farmers, service providers and off-takers. They will also monitor, rate, and publish information on the quality and reliability of input, equipment, financial and extension service providers as well as of off-takers to assist scheme farmers determine who is reliable and who is not.
- VCA will operate as a member of the project management team. They will support the establishment of Farm Management Centres (FMCs) at each of the four irrigation schemes. Their responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and maintaining a directory of scheme stakeholders
- Establishingandmaintaining farm budgets and income statements
- Establishing a directory of buyers/off-takers and service providers
- Establishing a rating system of service providers and off-takers
- Facilitating and monitoring compliance with agreements between service providers, farmers, farmer organizations, and off-takers
- Assists in the establishment of annual agricultural fairs on behalf of the FMCs.Contribute to ACDI/VOCA periodic reports and concept papers
- Perform other relevant tasks as required
VCA must have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in an agricultural setting
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with private sector agribusiness companies is preferred; Hausa language proficiency is preferred.
- ACDI/VOCA does will not discriminate based on gender, religion or ethnicity or tribal affiliation.
- A four-year Degree in an Agriculture related discipline
- Willingness to be stationed in a rural setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume to: [email protected] Please include the position title in the subject line.
Application Deadline 13th April, 2018.
- The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work.
- Interested applicant should provide their salary expectation along with their CV/resume.
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone.
- Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
- ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. EOE.