Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Will be responsible for accounting and finance and overall operational administration for the PR Office and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programs/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- S/He will provide main support with operational problem resolution on HQ Office cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state level. Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the HQ office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Also, s/he will monitor/track SRs cash balance and work with the Associate Director-Finance to ensure prompt cash transfer to SRs and State Offices to avoid cash- out, ensure that project and organization assets are safe guarded and that assets registers are regularly updated at SR’s, State Offices and CO levels and oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the focus States.
Minimum Recruitment Standard:
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Or MSc / MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&[email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 15th March, 2022.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.